hello everyone =]

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » hello everyone =]

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 10:29 pm
Hey guys, how are you tonight? Well my name is Jonathan, i am 17 years old and live in new york. I am basically here for the same reason everybody else is..cause i like to talk about philosophy. There are some things that i would like to post regarding nature vs nurture...how exactly do i do that?

Leonard

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 11:01 pm
@coolie13,
Welcome to the forum. You'd want to post a thread in the secondary branches, though I don't know which one nature vs nurture would be grouped under.

IntoTheLight

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 01:43 am
@coolie13,
coolie13;108244 wrote:
Hey guys, how are you tonight? Well my name is Jonathan, i am 17 years old and live in new york.

NYC or Ny state?

Quote:

I am basically here for the same reason everybody else is..cause i like to talk about philosophy. There are some things that i would like to post regarding nature vs nurture...how exactly do i do that?
Welcome to the fourm. I will warn you in advance that there are many here who will feed you whatever it is they think you want to believe, within the grounds of their own arguments. You see, this forum (like any philosophy site) is a hotbed a clashing personalties. There are some who you will encounter her who will attack your positions (while cowardly revealing none of their own), corrupt moderators, and others wno can't bear the thought of there being a conflict her on a philosophy forum.

Nevertheless, desspite the internet cowards, welcome to the forum.

We're glad to have you and your fresh insight here.

MOD EDIT: This member has been banned, not for this post but for other communication that led to attacking moderators and slinging insulting words around. MySpace.com has some great philosophy forums that would be more suitable for this member. - Justin

soz phil

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 12:40 pm
@coolie13,
Welcome! I'm a newbie here myself so I don't have great advice for you but I wanted to say that the nature/ nurture issue is one I'm very interested in myself, so I look forward to that discussion!

I think I might put that in the social philosophy forum:

Social Philosophy

But that's a newbie opinion, take with a grain of salt.

jes phil

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 05:53 pm
@soz phil,
Good evening.

Thanks to efforts of some brave Mods and a liberal dose of dried tropical fruit (maybe I just had those 'cause I was hungry ...), I am finally in.

So -- hello -- hope it's okay to piggyback on someone else's topic.

I majored in Philosophy in college but that was during the time of Thales. I do my philosophizing (and, tomorrow, some snow shoveling) from Boston in the US.

Hope all are well and I don't give anyone my cold through their USB port.

William

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 05:33 am
@coolie13,
I know this is perhaps a bit of an odd question, but just who are you two, Jes and Soz (new global moderators)? Nothing against you, mind you, but just curious as to why and how? I realize the forum has a new owner and all but is there some specific changes that include those requirements that were in place that were prerequisite on naming mods and such, in effect that were not before? By the way, who is the new owner?

Please forgive my interrogation, I am having a difficult time finding any information concerning the take over. If you could direct me, I would appreciate it. :bigsmile:

Thanks,
William

---------- Post added 12-09-2009 at 07:11 AM ----------

Sorry Coolie13 for the intrusion and welcome to the forum. It nice to have you. I know this was not the appropriate place to ask the about question and didn't mean to thwart your introduction. Again, I apologize.

William

Robert phil

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 05:02 pm
@William,
William,

I'm the new owner, and sorry for the paucity of information I've made available, but the transaction concluded only yesterday. I will try to announce more information to the general members shortly, right now I'm barely getting acquainted with the current moderators.

As for jes and soz they are some super moderators who have worked with me for nearly a decade and I asked them to help me in this transition. I know they may not have gone through the rites of passage here on Philosophy Forum but being so new here I needed folk I already knew and these are some of the best you could ask for.

I'll announce more as I am able to, we have big plans for this forum and I will articulate them as soon as I can.

salima

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:30 pm
@coolie13,
i think we are all waiting for a formal introduction so we can welcome the new owner and moderators...

my apologies also coolie13, and welcome! interesting choice for a username...

William

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 01:13 am
@salima,
Robert;109920 wrote:
William,

I'm the new owner, and sorry for the paucity of information I've made available, but the transaction concluded only yesterday. I will try to announce more information to the general members shortly, right now I'm barely getting acquainted with the current moderators.

As for jes and soz they are some super moderators who have worked with me for nearly a decade and I asked them to help me in this transition. I know they may not have gone through the rites of passage here on Philosophy Forum but being so new here I needed folk I already knew and these are some of the best you could ask for.

I'll announce more as I am able to, we have big plans for this forum and I will articulate them as soon as I can.

salima;109945 wrote:
i think we are all waiting for a formal introduction so we can welcome the new owner and moderators...

my apologies also coolie13, and welcome! interesting choice for a username...

Thank you Robert and I think Salima speaks for all of us and welcome to you and those mods you entrust. If I can be of any service, please I am more than willing to offer my 2 cents, ha! I am sure Salima is the same as it will be with most who have a home here. :a-ok:

Sincerest regards,
William

Oh, Coolie, quite an novel introductory thread you have going here, ha!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » hello everyone =]
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 07:05:02