Good to find this place.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Good to find this place.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 10:05 am
Pleased to make your acquaintance. Good to find this place.

First, I'd like to see if anyone knows what happened to FrostCloud. Are any of you my friends or combatants from there? Come on give it up! I don't bite hard, just enough to get your attention, but never ever enough to draw blood.

FrostCloud seems to have disappeared. I've made some good friends there and surely would like to have access for retrieving my comments. Please respond if you know anything of FrostCloud's status.

I enjoy comparing philosophies of all sorts, finding pleasure in discovering unified thoughts from unrelated sources and regions. This forum impresses me with its separation of religious categories, rather than lumping them altogether as one big forum, though I'm wondering how to discuss and compare them in this format.

My personal philosophy is somewhat similar to that proposed by Bhartrihari Bhartrihari[The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy], and I see a great deal of connection of it to Information Theory, Communication Theory, Genetics, Robotics, Cybernetics, A.I., Computer Science, and any world religion adhering to principles of the Word.

I see no advantage in favoring Western vs Eastern Philosophy, preferring instead to thinking of them as different methods for reaching many of the same positions. From these two monolith's, I form my own Central Philosophy.

I love hearing about your own personal philosophy. I will question it patiently and encourage us both to examine the methodology used to arrive at it. I promise to do my best in understanding the essence of your thoughts rather than get caught up in a circular battle of semantics. Yet, I will encourage adherence to formal definitions of words to promote effective communication, hopefully assisting everyone to refine their presentations.

Understanding one another is paramount. We've all come here to share the precious thought of our minds. Your thoughts are a gift to me, deserving of respect, and careful examination. I expect no less from you.

jgweed

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 12:16 pm
@QuinticNon,
While many of us might disagree with your assessment of Western and Eastern philosophy,We all take seriously any articulated position made in an authentic spirit in pursuit of truths.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

QuinticNon

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 12:33 pm
@jgweed,
jgweed;106116 wrote:
While many of us might disagree...

No stranger to disagreement, embracing it as the very root of that elusive pursuit you speak of. Your thoughtful welcome is refreshing.

Thank you John

Leonard

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 09:55 pm
@QuinticNon,
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for the introduction and I hope to exchange some thoughts with you.

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 10:13 pm
@QuinticNon,
Welcome to the forum! I am quite familiar with FrostCloud as I used to be a rather prominent member over there (or should I say members since I racked up many posts under numerous names--dimensionQ, Epimetheus, unamuno). This place is much better since myself and the other moderators (and members!) make sure that everyone plays nice.

As to what happened to FrostCloud...Icestorm (I forget his company and real name) probably got sick of paying to allow members insult each other while discussing the same political stories over and over. It had become a joke, which was too bad considering all of the wonderful members that had posted over the years. That is what happens when the bad seeds are not removed.

But anyway, welcome to this corner of the Internets! We have a nice community, and we are glad that you decided to join us. Enjoy your stay, and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

QuinticNon

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 10:25 pm
@Leonard,
Leonard;106221 wrote:
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for the introduction and I hope to exchange some thoughts with you.

Thank you Leonard. Your hope is shared. Your thoughts are a gift to me.

---------- Post added 11-26-2009 at 10:33 PM ----------

Theaetetus;106228 wrote:
We have a nice community...

I can tell. Wow! What a difference from FC. My first day has been wonderful.

I'm crushed about FC though... not so much about the environment itself, but my discussions with others are extremely important to me. I'm aghast at the notion of destroying thoughts, and to have them bliffed out of existence with no regard and no warning is unconscionable.

Might you know of any way to contact the admin over there? A quick cut/paste download and I'm out.

What a pleasure to be here with such a fine set of mature and knowledgeable minds. I'm sure to learn a great deal.

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 10:39 pm
@QuinticNon,
I wish I could help you out, but I can't. I used to be friends with an Admin on MySpace before I left MySpace and he ditched FrostCloud, and I have no idea how to get a hold of Icestorm. I have a few things that I wrote over there that I wish I could grab, but as Plato said, if it is worth remembering it will come back to you. But then, some of us had hundreds or thousands of posts that sucked up a great deal of time.

The no warning does not surprise me. FrostCloud was neglected by the staff for years before its inevitable demise.

QuinticNon

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 11:03 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;106242 wrote:
...if it is worth remembering...

The pixels on the screen may be gone, but the essence of their meaning lives on.

Thanks Theaetetus

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 11:21 pm
@QuinticNon,
QuinticNon;106253 wrote:
The pixels on the screen may be gone, but the essence of their meaning lives on.

Thanks Theaetetus

Exactly! Carry on the spirit here, but enjoy the real constructiveness of what you shall receive!

jeeprs

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 06:16 pm
@QuinticNon,
hey good to have you on board, and thanks for the tips. I am kind of feeling my way around in this space as you can see, but you have put a lot of things in place for me.

bystander phil

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 11:38 pm
@QuinticNon,
QuinticNon;106089 wrote:

FrostCloud seems to have disappeared.

yes. i searched and found this post.
QuinticNon;106089 wrote:

Please respond if you know anything of FrostCloud's status.

same as you. i dunno. maybe icestorm decided to just end it.

Glennn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 11:03 am
I am a relic of FrostCloud. What a place it was . . .

Now the endless search for Ben.

Cashback

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 11:58 pm
@Glennn,
I miss frostcloud and the burkhill fellow. I also miss my $ sign.

aclairemawba

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 08:25 pm
@jgweed,
Yes indeed
jgweed wrote:

While many of us might disagree with your assessment of Western and Eastern philosophy,We all take seriously any articulated position made in an authentic spirit in pursuit of truths.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Lauth

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 09:24 am
While many of us might disagree with your assessment of Western and Eastern philosophy,We all take seriously any articulated position made in an authentic spirit in pursuit of truths.I am kind of feeling my way around in this space as you can see, but you have put a lot of things in place for me.

Lauth

Rosas

Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 05:45 am
Wonderful topic learning amazing details

Mican

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 04:21 am
@bystander phil,
I also googled FrostCloud after not having really thought about it for many years and found these posts. I used to be a regular there (and moderator) during my teens. When Symptom and BitterDuck were around. It was a pretty import place to have the intellectual discussion I really craved but couldn't really find with my friends during that age. I guess I was around 15, now I'm 29. Michael. A.

Meme Virus

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 10:22 am
I found this thread while Googling to see if I could find any old users of the old defunct Frostcloud forum. For everyone who posted in it who thought it would be nice if Frostcloud was still alive, I recently managed to contact Ice/Icest0rm, (the owner), to ask if it might one day be resurrected, just for old members. He didn't fancy the idea of all the work that would be involved in putting it up again, but he said it was just possible that one day it might happen. Maybe the more old members who are interested, the more likely it will be to be done one day.

Adwaitullal

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 11:42 pm
@QuinticNon,
QuinticNon wrote:

Pleased to make your acquaintance. Good to find this place.

First, I'd like to see if anyone knows what happened to FrostCloud. Are any of you my friends or combatants from there? Come on give it up! I don't bite hard, just enough to get your attention, but never ever enough to draw blood.

FrostCloud seems to have disappeared. I've made some good friends there and surely would like to have access for retrieving my comments. Please respond if you know anything of FrostCloud's status.

I enjoy comparing philosophies of all sorts, finding pleasure in discovering unified thoughts from unrelated sources and regions. This forum impresses me with its separation of religious categories, rather than lumping them altogether as one big forum, though I'm wondering how to discuss and compare them in this format.

My personal philosophy is somewhat similar to that proposed by Bhartrihari Bhartrihari[The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy], and I see a great deal of connection of it to Information Theory, Communication Theory, Genetics, Robotics, Cybernetics, A.I., Computer Science, and any world religion adhering to principles of the Word.

I see no advantage in favoring Western vs Eastern Philosophy, preferring instead to thinking of them as different methods for reaching many of the same positions. From these two monolith's, I form my own Central Philosophy.

I love hearing about your own personal philosophy. I will question it patiently and encourage us both to examine the methodology used to arrive at it. I promise to do my best in understanding the essence of your thoughts rather than get caught up in a circular battle of semantics. Yet, I will encourage adherence to formal definitions of words to promote effective communication, hopefully assisting everyone to refine their presentations.

Understanding one another is paramount. We've all come here to share the precious thought of our minds. Your thoughts are a gift to me, deserving of respect, and careful examination. I expect no less from you.

Glennn

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 08:46 pm
@Cashback,
Cashback! I always regretted not being able locate you to apologize for my less than friendly behavior. Hope you somehow find this post here and accept my apologies.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Good to find this place.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:13:04