Greetings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 05:43 pm
Hello all. I'm Celestine from Sydney, Australia. I'm a 21 year old BA student majoring in History and Literature and doing a minor in Philosophy. I joined this forum out of personal interest and in hopes to spark one or two intelligent conversations or debates. My area of interest is Practical Ethics and I'm in the process of setting up an e-portfolio with a collection of my essays which I will link to my profile as soon as it's done.

Don't be afraid to say hi, I don't bite Smile

Justin

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 05:54 pm
@Celestine phil,
Hi Celestine! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for being here.

Celestine phil

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 06:03 pm
@Celestine phil,
Thanks for the welcome Smile

It looks like a fairly friendly and active community here. I was a moderator on a gaming forum for a while which had a 'Debate Room' which occassionally had some Philosophy topics, however, the demographics of the forum were boys between the ages of 10-17 and therefore, the discussion wasn't as stimulating as I would have liked. I've been looking for a good community since and hopefully I find what I am looking for here!

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 06:10 pm
@Celestine phil,
Welcome to the forum! Judging from what you have said, you should really like this place. I hope you enjoy your stay!

jgweed

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 12:10 pm
@Celestine phil,
You might well be surprised at the intelligence of some of our younger male Members. I think you will find Philforum a place for discussion at a rather higher level than elsewhere.
Welcome to the community!
Regards,
John

Leonard

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 09:43 pm
@Celestine phil,
Welcome to the forum.

gen66

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:29 am
@Celestine phil,
welcome to the forum.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:20:01