Nice to meet you all!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Nice to meet you all!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:31 am
Hello fellow philosophers! :bigsmile:

I have been studying philosophy for my own personal pleasure for a few years now and I spend every moment that I can learning more and more. I am so excited to at last join this forum and I'm looking forward to being involved in many interesting discussions.

Nice to meet you all! :a-ok:

xris

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 07:14 am
@metaskepios,
nice to meet you, welcome xris.

jgweed

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:02 am
@metaskepios,
Discussion of philosophy, of philosophers, and of philosophy as applied to the modern world is what this forum is all about; its Members represent not only many stages of philosophical knowledge, but even more importantly, many different perspectives and philosophical positions.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Zetherin

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:18 am
@metaskepios,
metaskepios;102968 wrote:
Hello fellow philosophers! :bigsmile:

I have been studying philosophy for my own personal pleasure for a few years now and I spend every moment that I can learning more and more. I am so excited to at last join this forum and I'm looking forward to being involved in many interesting discussions.

Nice to meet you all! :a-ok:

Welcome, make yourself at home! Perhaps you'd like a cup of tea?

metaskepios

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 04:03 am
@jgweed,
jgweed;102998 wrote:
Discussion of philosophy, of philosophers, and of philosophy as applied to the modern world is what this forum is all about; its Members represent not only many stages of philosophical knowledge, but even more importantly, many different perspectives and philosophical positions.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Just what l am looking for, thank you for the welcome John!

---------- Post added 11-12-2009 at 09:04 PM ----------

Zetherin;103002 wrote:
Welcome, make yourself at home! Perhaps you'd like a cup of tea?

Oh l'd love a cup of tea, thank you, it's been a long day. hehe

Holiday20310401

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:30 pm
@metaskepios,
Hey Metaskepios, welcome to the forum.

Which philosophers interest you most?

metaskepios

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 05:22 am
@Holiday20310401,
Thank you for the welcome! :bigsmile:

Well l have spent most my time reading Ayn Rand so far and have found her philosophy very interesting, though l have an interest and a decent understanding of many of the philosophers, such as Karl Popper, Aristotle, Plato, Immanuel Kant, Friedrich Nietzsche, David Hume, Bertrand Russell, Michel Foucault and Jacques Derrida, to just name a few.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Nice to meet you all!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 03:52:39