greetings, finaly

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » greetings, finaly

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:54 pm
hello to all.

im new to the whole forum thing and would like to get involved. Ive spent a fair few years in the persuit for understanding and have gathered (i would say) a wide knowledge of all things philosphical, theological, historical and scientific. many achidemics will probably right me of as a unqualified wondering thicko. i havent been to university and got a degree(though i am capable,with a young family to support im just not able!) But i do have a great imagination, infanate fascination and a almost holy grailesque veiw to the unknown mysteries of the universe and beyond.

i maybe confusing some of you with my woffle, but i am a serious student of these things and it isnt just a pass time hobby!

i will need some coaching to understand the technical terms of philosophy which tend to come up(i do know some such as 'hyper-reality' for example). I am 23 going on 24, im older than my years. male,just in case theres any confusion. but please dont patronise me with my lack of qualifications as i will not critisies anybodyies understand without a fair and rational debate. i am well tested, and i believe for me to expand i need to enter a larger debating ground.

Dispite this i am a good listener and enjoy just folllowing descussions from a spectator level, only engaging when i feel it is suitable.

i look forward to meeting others here, excuse my spelling and grammer and i hope i can gain alot from this forum.

until i next log on, good bye.http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Justin

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:01 pm
@pilgrimshost,
Pilgrimhost, welcome to the PhilosophyForum.com

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and make yourself right at home. You'll get the hang of the forum everything is a matter of click and type.

Feel free to post when you are ready and being a newbie, if you have any suggestions, please post them in this forum.

pilgrimshost

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:53 pm
@pilgrimshost,
Thanks, im just having a browse now infact. ill probably catch up with one of your threads soon.

cut2thepoint

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:46 am
@pilgrimshost,
Ive just taken the time to read your introduction . And you say you are a good listener. So I'm willing to give you another chance. I will wipe the slate clean between us, if what you say here is true about engaging when you only feel it suitable. Of course I dont see that as true at this point of time but everyone needs a second chance.Even me .I studied for 6 years with the open university and I have two children. Do not let your mind put limits on yourself our minds can achieve, but we need to believe first to become a man. We must stop whining I learned that the hard way. I hope you achieve an education with these words of support.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » greetings, finaly
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.6 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 08:22:36