Hi!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 06:27 pm
I'm very excited at the prospect of being able to sleep once someone can answer a question or two racking my brain.

Dallas

SammDickens

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 07:37 pm
@D bowden,
The answer to your first question is "42" (according to Douglas Addams). The answer to your second question is "No, it doesn't really cause blindness, and believe me, I should know!" (according to an anonymous Philosophy Forum member). Now then. You go sleepy-bye and have sweet dreams. I mean, who knows but this whole shebang may go up in flames before you wake up again?

Welcome to the PhiloForum, D_bowden :-)
Samm

Leonard

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 07:45 pm
@D bowden,
Welcome to the forum, D_bowden. I'm sure you're eager to post on here, so I'll see you around the forum.

William

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 08:08 pm
@D bowden,
D_bowden;98194 wrote:
I'm very excited at the prospect of being able to sleep once someone can answer a question or two racking my brain.

Dallas

Only a couple, huh? Wow, you'll make moderator in no time. Ha! Just kidding we do have a few pretty good mods here; and one pretty and good, Welcome aboard. :bigsmile:

William

D bowden

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 08:46 pm
@William,
William;98205 wrote:
Only a couple, huh? Wow, you'll make moderator in no time. Ha! Just kidding we do have a few pretty good mods here; well one pretty, and the rest pretty good. Welcome aboard. :bigsmile:

William

Ha yes just a couple... I dont know where to get started though. Where do i post my questions?

SammDickens

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 08:57 pm
@D bowden,
Browse around the forum and you may find a thread similar to your questions. I think you may have to make a few replies / posts before you can open a thread of your own. You may notice a poster whose posts impress you, and its always possible to private mail such a poster with a question, or to ask for an opinion about how and where you should present your questions. Don't worry, it'll all be fine, the asking at least. The answers you get may help or just assure you that you're not the only human in this world who is puzzled by the dilemmas that bring you here. :-)

Samm

William

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 09:13 pm
@D bowden,
D_bowden;98215 wrote:
Ha yes just a couple... I dont know where to get started though. Where do i post my questions?

Go to forums in the blue bar on the home page and click it. It will display all the different forums available for you to match your topic/thread to. Then click on the most appropriate one. Then click on "New Topic" and it will provide you with the place to name the title/thread you are starting and below it, you will be able to give a synopsis of what you wish to discuss with the guidelines you set in place. It's your thread and you pretty much make the rules every one is to follow. On that page will also be listed, after you create a title to the thread, other threads that are similar and you have the option of either selecting one of those if is within the realm of what you are trying to bring to the forum to be discussed.

I hope this helped.

William

jgweed

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 08:57 am
@D bowden,
Not that you will get definitive answers to questions here, since it is a philosophy forum; but you will certainly be presented with all sorts of answers, some of which may trigger new ways of thinking about the problems that will make sense to you.

Please don't worry about where to place your posts; although the advice given above is very good, if there is a more appropriate forum for it, one of the Moderators, drawing on their experience with the forums, will undoubtedly move it for you.

Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Caroline

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 09:58 am
@D bowden,
I love that name Dallas, reminds me of the actor Diamond Dallas Paige, welcome to the forum Dallas, hope you enjoy your stay.
Cheers!
Caroline.

Zacrates

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 10:27 am
@D bowden,
Welcome to the forum if you need any more help feel free to pm me Smile

dogiswhir

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 01:18 pm
@D bowden,
Hi,
That is so nice collection.Well after finding your this comment there is no need for any book reading search of last few years.I like your idea for distributing the books by years.Thats so nice attempts with links.Please continue this type of activity.Thank you for sharing such a nice comment. ans sources..

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:25:34