Hello from Bill

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 09:32 am
Just joined and dropped in to say hello. Yikes, sounds like I fell out of the sky like a bird or from a parachute! Spent most of my life writing technical manuals and teaching electronics. Retired a few years ago, but continue to be as busy as a nine-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs -- hiking, biking, writing, reading, playing with my cats, and spending quality time with my wife. Ah, the golden years, but I'm beginning to think that retired means tired again: when did we have time to go to work? I look forward to meeting all of you and participating in the discussion of mind-bending questions, which, in my opinion, are more meaningful than answers, because, well, more of that later...

--Bill (qwertyportne)

Caroline

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 09:37 am
@qwertyportne,
Hi Bill welcome to the forum. Pleased to meet you.
Caroline.Smile

Zetherin

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 11:11 am
@qwertyportne,
Welcome, Bill, don't hesitate to join right into any number of these great discussions!

jgweed

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 02:02 pm
@qwertyportne,
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

William

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 02:21 pm
@qwertyportne,
Hello Bill. How do you do? For you see, I am Bill too.
Too many Bills and cause such grief, don't you think?
So now Will is "Hoo" iam, bills in the past and no more heat,
Thanks to the gadget that fixed the kink in my heart beat.

Welcome aboard this global ship, you a thinker
And not a stinker who will innocently sink her.
So grab an oar and an empty thole,
And let's see what you have in the hold.

From one bill to Another, ahoy mate. :a-ok:

William

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 01:55 pm
@qwertyportne,
qwertyportne;97673 wrote:
Just joined and dropped in to say hello. Yikes, sounds like I fell out of the sky like a bird or from a parachute! Spent most of my life writing technical manuals and teaching electronics. Retired a few years ago, but continue to be as busy as a nine-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs -- hiking, biking, writing, reading, playing with my cats, and spending quality time with my wife. Ah, the golden years, but I'm beginning to think that retired means tired again: when did we have time to go to work? I look forward to meeting all of you and participating in the discussion of mind-bending questions, which, in my opinion, are more meaningful than answers, because, well, more of that later...

--Bill (qwertyportne)

If you candeal with technical manuals U are an Hero -of-Today. I rather read Genesis (or Phil Collins on CD) then check the manial for my computer!

Pepijn Sweep
Magister ud Jsperveldt

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 10:49:21