G'Day From Australia!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » G'Day From Australia!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

PlayDoh

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 08:10 am
Just a short introductory note from across the ocean. I am a retired accountant who studied philosophy ages ago only to realize that the more I read, the less I knew, and the more years I spent at it the less employable I would be; so I switched to numbers.

So, now, I would like to relive my inspired days of quiet contemplation, and revive my sense of cogito ergo dum ! :rolleyes:

I am, in the main, a Humanist. To me the only hope for the species is if we treat each other as sacred instead of looking beyond the Universe for salvation. I used to read a lot of Kierkegaard, but then I became an atheist, so now I read him ironically. :whistling: Now, I enjoy reading and discussing any philosophy that attempts to place our Minds and Hearts at the centre.

I enjoy discussions; and I enjoy words and thoughts, especially when they help me to see behind the words and thoughts.... :listening:

jgweed

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 08:21 am
@PlayDoh,
I am sure that Kierkegaard, who wrote ironically, would appreciate your reading him in the same way. I know that he would applaud your "return" to philosophy from the world of numbers and spreadsheets.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Absolution phil

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:30 am
@PlayDoh,
Welcome to the forums! I kind of came from numbers (physics and ect.) to philosophy lol, as I wanted to know what the "numbers" meant. Things seem to always come full circle, or go circular in a way.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » G'Day From Australia!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 10:41:08