ahoy!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 04:36 am
Hello there everyone!
Here I am introducing myself hehe
hmm...
well im knew to the adult world by age...but have had an interest in inquisitive thinking for quite some time now..
I started philosophy in high school and have had a vested interest in it ever since.
Lately, however, I have been exploring various different avenues and expanded my thoughts on various aspects of philosophy.
I'm quite interested on the effects of drugs, particularly psychadellics on the human mind.
My latest topic of intersest has been on subjects such as Cosmology, the possibility of parrallel universes...and that the 'God' is an idea of existence...and also for some time now have taken an extreme liking to Existentialism.
I was born and raised Catholic...but have definately steered away from religion in my years growing up.
Im in love with Arts...particularly music.:bigsmile:
Thats all folks!
Hope to get into some deep discussion with most of you!
take care!

xris

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 04:51 am
@XSugarplum,
Welcome to you..sugarplum..is there any relation to the sugar plum fairy? Xris

Victor Eremita

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 04:54 am
@XSugarplum,
Ah yet another person interested in Existentialism. Who says existential philosophy is dead? Welcome!

jgweed

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 06:37 am
@XSugarplum,
Existentialism has even spread to Australia!
Welcome to the Philforum.
Regards,
John

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:30 am
@XSugarplum,
Welcome to the forum fellow existentialist!

XSugarplum

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:58 pm
@Theaetetus,
Ahh on the contrary...Existentialism is not quite as alive and well as some may hope...
I've barely come across anyone who has had the faintest idea what im talking about when i mention the movement...

On a side not im a little lost on these forums...aimlessly clicking around trying to figure it all out haha
so if i slip up please excuse me Surprised

jgweed

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 07:59 am
@XSugarplum,
No worries; it does take a little time to understand how the contents of the forum are "arranged," the way the software works, and the community style, but everyone here is forgiving and more than ready to answer any questions you might have.
John

Leonard

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 04:20 pm
@XSugarplum,
Welcome, Sugarplum. You'll enjoy the philforum based on your intro. I'm also an aficionado of cosmology, and I hope to have some interesting discussions as well. Anyway, welcome and I hope you'll find your way around the forum.
-Cordially yours, Leonard.

Absolution phil

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 10:11 pm
@XSugarplum,
Maybe you guys can teach me about it sometime! I admit I am pretty ignorant on Existentialism.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 06:14:58