Just saying hi and introducing myself ppl....

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Just saying hi and introducing myself ppl....

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 02:08 am
I realise that ive already posted this on beta-chat but will re-paste that here as i feel its somewhat more locally true of where my introduction should be.....

Hi guys. I am 28yo studying 3rd yr Bach of Psych atm....I am an agnostic altruist which a splash of utilitarianism thrown in to keep things exciting lol... Also as a pacifist am also rather pessimistic as to the broader effect 'globalization' has had on societies nation building and societies in general. I feel as though Smith's "invisible boot" principal of moral philosophy is currently enacted in the way populations currently function. Having the chance and honour to listen to Simon Blackburn lecture on a series of issues within moral philosophy recently has re-energized the processes within by which i see the world and all that it encompasses.....Anyway, much much more i am going to share in the coming days, weeks and months...thankyou for reading my introduction and remember as the great Einstein said "the important thing is to not stop questioning"....

boagie

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 07:19 pm
@xprezive,
xprezive,

Welcome xprezive,you sound like your perking with ideas,you will make a welcome addition to the boards.Relax, makes yourself at home and consider making your first post! Boagie:)

Justin

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:42 am
@xprezive,
Welcome to the forum xpresive! Feel free to join in the discussions when you are ready.

xprezive

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 04:32 am
@Justin,
Thanku guys for ur positive feedback....I feel the need to substitute a couple of points from my formal introduction as i realise that maybe as a newbie to this site i lacked a little thought and objectivity in my pre-analysis...Although i personally like to view myself as an altruist ie i believe that i have a moral obligation to serve the 'greater good' of society, i also have to admit boagie that ur topic post entitled " The Selfish Nature Of All Actions" has had me re-considering my position on altruistic thought to a degree as from a egoist objectivist ideology i tend to agree with ur assertion that through acts individuals do/share that individuals consciously and sub-consciously enact self interested forms of behaviour in everyday life, but only to a degree as we are self-interested to the confines by which our society operates ie what of our relationship to others?
I realise that there are many paths i could take this debate too lol but for the time being i have a couple of other posts i would like to begin *love to throw hot coals on the fire lol*....Ty for reading and ajudicate with u next time....

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Just saying hi and introducing myself ppl....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 11:09:25