introduction

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 11:32 am
I'm a USMC veteran of almost nine years. I am currently working on my degree in social work and am taking my first philosophy course. I am excited that I found this forum and I find the idea of philosophy extremely interesting.

RDanneskjld

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 11:41 am
@Schleprock,
Welcome to the forum Schleprock! Hope that your first Philosophy course is going well and that you enjoy your stay at the forum!

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 11:42 am
@Schleprock,
Wow quite the shift in vocation, Marine to Social Worker... has it been difficult? Social work scares me, too prone to get wrapped up in the cases.

Anyway,
Cheers and Welcome,
Russ

Schleprock

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 11:53 am
@GoshisDead,
Well, it won't be too much of a shift. I'll be working with veterans. Working with children would scare me. I'm not a forgiving person when somebody harms a child.

---------- Post added 09-16-2009 at 12:55 PM ----------

Thank you. I just turned in my first paper. I just wish our professor wasn't so vague as to what she expects from us. I am enjoying this forum and have learned a lot from what I've read so far.

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 12:30 pm
@Schleprock,
What is philosophy most famous for if its not for being vague.

Caroline

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 12:33 pm
@Schleprock,
Hi Schleprock, (interesting name?), welcome to the forum.

Justin

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 12:53 pm
@Schleprock,
Yes,... Welcome to the forum Schleprock! That's kind of funny because I call my 21 year old son that nickname sometimes. Smile. Good of you to join us and hope you continue to enjoy the forums.

EmperorNero

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 04:00 am
@Schleprock,
Ahoy! Ye be finding philosophy here all right, arrrr.

It's talk like a pirate day! Post like a pirate!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 02:56:55