New Member Introduction, Samm

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New Member Introduction, Samm

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2009 02:49 pm
Philosophy is intriguing, especially such branches as cosmology, metaphysics, empiricism, that inquire about why we're here and where "here" is in the general scheme of things. I am more a mystic than a philosopher, but I hope that I can look for the ground of things with others in this Forum. I shall be seen to be more and less of an idealist than Plato, whose students gathered in an older Forum. I am delighted to have access to this wonderful Forum and the many, many ideas being voiced here. Thank you for sharing this space outside of time with me.

Samm Smile

Twistedgypsychil

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2009 11:15 pm
@SammDickens,
Welcome to the forum Smile Hope you enjoy your stay!

Jamie

jgweed

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 08:44 am
@SammDickens,
His teacher was wont to meet friends or strangers walking about in Athens and begin discussions with them in an effort to approach closer to the truth. While Socrates and his interlocutors seldom reached agreement, each of them bade their farewells having journeyed together along the way towards clarifying their conception and understanding.
Philforum attempts to be just such as place as a busy Athenian street, and you are welcome to join the dialogues.
Regards,
John

EmperorNero

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 04:03 am
@SammDickens,
Ahoy, matey. Welcome to the ship. Arrrrr!

It's talk like a pirate day! Post like a pirate!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New Member Introduction, Samm
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:35:32