Newbie from the Antipodes ...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Newbie from the Antipodes ...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 09:46 pm
Greetings to all from a middle-aged bloke from South Australia.

I heard of this site from a US based mate I've been playing online chess with for a few years now. He drinks the study of western philosophy like it is a fine wine. My orientation to the world, philosophy wise, has been a strange mix of Sufism and Existentialism. My real interest, apart from Freecell, is mysticism.

I shall look around with interest, always respectful of the fact that everyone's opinion is worth hearing, even if I don't agree with it.

The fact that we are here, asking if 42 is the REAL answer, must put us streets ahead of those who spend their intellectual gifts deciphering television soaps ...

With best wishes to all,
NA

boagie

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 10:34 pm
@NafsAmara,
NafsAmara,Smile

Welcome,I think it is wonderful you have over come your back ground to be with us----------------------------------just kidding!!! You sound interesting, I shall be looking for you on the boards, again welcome NafsAmara!!!Smile

Justin

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 07:52 am
@NafsAmara,
Welcome to the Philosophy Forum. Agreed on the fact that we are here. Look forward to seeing you around in the forums and appreciate the introduction.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Newbie from the Antipodes ...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 09:16:00