This is Larry Boy

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » This is Larry Boy

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 06:58 am
Hi everybody. Some words of introduction.

I'm originally from Sweden but currently lives in Japan. I'm mainly interested in the philosophy of mind. I've been fascinated with consciousness since I was a little kid. I used to think, for instance, that perhaps, everybody had their own little phenomenal world, with some people experiencing mankind as a different kind of creature altogether (in fact, Warcraft II-style green orcs!). I also remember wondering why my consciousness is situated here and not in the body of some other person.

My current position on the mind-body problem is idealism.

RDanneskjld

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 07:19 am
@Larry Boy,
Welcome to the forum Larry! A lot of people here share your interest in the Philosophy of Mind. I to think it is a great subject! You'll find plenty of discussions about Consciousness on this site, it seems to be somewhat a hot topic at the moment! Look forward to you contributions! Hope you enjoy your stay.

jgweed

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 08:07 am
@Larry Boy,
Welcome to Philforum!
The mind-body problem is certainly one of the more important topics of modern philosophy.
Regards,
John

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » This is Larry Boy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/25/2024 at 10:03:38