Hey

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Salbris

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 09:13 pm
Hey, nice forum. I apologize, the only reason I'm here is to try to find out the word that describes my belief.

I've been appart of other communities before, and have done some research into different phisolophies. But I've come to realize some things:

a) There are very few facts

b) People only talk about things which are subjective

I've gotten really annoyed talking about things we can never prove. Like god, existence, etc. I'm basically an agnostic atheist. Although I don't dismiss God as a possibility I'm just leaning towards a more naturalistic universe since that's what the evidence seems to show.

Anyways, I got two questions pertaining to the forums:
1. When will I be able to post in other sections? So I can ask the question I came here for in the "proper" place.

2. All I'm looking to do is hopefully find the proper term to call myself. If it's okay can I post the question in this thread?

Thanks in Advance.

PS: I think I may have sounded like an ass in beginning, sorry about that. I got a annoying headache.

Leonard

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 09:30 pm
@Salbris,
Welcome to the PhilForum, Salbris. Seems like you are disheartened with the lousy logic of other forums, and thereof, lack of proof. I hope you'll find this forum at least a little better. We all try to stay away from the subjective, or at least explain things clearly, and I think you'll find it to your liking. Anyway, i've got to finish another post so i'll see you around.
-Cordially yours, Leonard.

Theaetetus

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:37 pm
@Salbris,
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find that which you seek.

jgweed

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 06:58 am
@Salbris,
Welcome to Philforum!
It may turn out that there is not ONE term or label that describes your thinking; quite often, it ends up an admixture of many different positions depending on the subject at hand.

Answers:
1. In order to start a new thread, you need to reply to one or two existing posts (this is to prevent the forums being inundated by spam).
2. This thread is for introductions only. Very few Members would think of looking HERE for anything like a discussion of the sort you want.

Regards,
John

Salbris

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 09:56 am
@jgweed,
jgweed;88436 wrote:
Welcome to Philforum!
It may turn out that there is not ONE term or label that describes your thinking; quite often, it ends up an admixture of many different positions depending on the subject at hand.

Answers:
1. In order to start a new thread, you need to reply to one or two existing posts (this is to prevent the forums being inundated by spam).
2. This thread is for introductions only. Very few Members would think of looking HERE for anything like a discussion of the sort you want.

Regards,
John

I was wondering if that was the case.

1. Well I guess this is number one then, thanks for the info.
2. Aww, okay. I'll wait then.

Victor Eremita

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 11:58 pm
@Salbris,
Sure we may never prove it, but hey; that's part of the adventure! Welcome!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 01:11:12