Greetings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Conchis

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 12:07 am
Hello everyone, for the sake of this being the internet and their are creepy people out there, my name is Conchis, named after the great character in John Fowles's novel, The Magus.

I'm am American but not currently living there. I am teaching English in a foreign country not near my native.

For personal reasons, I don't want to live in America maybe ever again, but I want to travel and live in different countries mainly throughout Europe. I dream is to live in Greece and go to a University there and study Philosophy. I do have a double major degree from the University of Alabama, in English and Latin.

I love reading, football, chess, and studying foreign languages.

I'm very happy to be here.

Conchis

Victor Eremita

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 01:17 am
@Conchis,
Hi and welcome! I've thought about teaching overseas; how's it like? What type of accomodations and compensations do you get; are they subsidized?

Conchis

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 04:01 am
@Victor Eremita,
Victor Eremita;88205 wrote:
Hi and welcome! I've thought about teaching overseas; how's it like? What type of accomodations and compensations do you get; are they subsidized?

It's great really. I get a very nice pay, especially compared to the standard of living, free living arrangements.

It's really a sweet deal I have going on.

Caroline

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 04:57 am
@Conchis,
Hi Conchise and welcome to the forum. We share the same dream, (to study in Greece).

jgweed

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:07 am
@Conchis,
AVE!
It has been some time since I read the Magus, but Fowles remains a favourite author of mine.I am sure you will find the threads interesting and will want to participate in our many dialogues. Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:39 am
@jgweed,
Welcome Conchis! You'll enjoy this forum, I think. When you travel Europe, you must tell us all what it is like.

Conchis

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 06:50 am
@Holiday20310401,
Caroline;88221 wrote:
Hi Conchise and welcome to the forum. We share the same dream, (to study in Greece).

Then we shall both work hard to achieve the dream!

jgweed;88291 wrote:
AVE!
It has been some time since I read the Magus, but Fowles remains a favourite author of mine.I am sure you will find the threads interesting and will want to participate in our many dialogues. Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Fowles is one of my favorites as well, though my favorites are The Magus and The Collector. The Magus though is one of those books that I can't stop thinking about.

Holiday20310401;88307 wrote:
Welcome Conchis! You'll enjoy this forum, I think. When you travel Europe, you must tell us all what it is like.

Thanks for the welcome!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 04:09:39