I only noticed this section of the board today.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I only noticed this section of the board today.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Berner

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 03:44 pm
Hey everyone. My is Berner and I came here on recommendation of a current user of the site. I've never really read a lot of philosophy but I've been starting to lately.

I'm 24 and from the frozen wasteland known as Saskatchewan. I recently obtained my B. Sc. in Chemistry. Along the way I've co-authored a few journal articles in the field of Computational Chemistry.

Computational Study of Tungsten(II)-Catalyzed Rearrangements of Norbornadiene - Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation (ACS Publications)

Nitrous oxide dimer: An ab initio coupled-cluster study of isomers, interconversions, and infrared fundamental bands, and experimental observation of a new fundamental for the polar isomer

Currently I work for a worldwide company (not going to say which) as a Chemist. I play guitar in a progressive death metal band called The Fifth Dawn. I also love Futurama as is evident by my avatar.

The Fifth Dawn on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I'm what you would call an agnostic atheist/materialist/naturalist. I'm not too keen on metaphysics but I'd like to read more about it to get a better understanding of the subject.

Anyway yeah I've enjoyed some of the discussions I've seen here so far and I think I'll like it here.

EmperorNero

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 09:05 pm
@Berner,
I wish you welcome.
I think chemistry is the coolest of all sciences.

I couldn't have guessed where Saskatchewan is for a million bucks. Wink

Berner

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 08:14 am
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero;87790 wrote:
I wish you welcome.
I think chemistry is the coolest of all sciences.

I couldn't have guessed where Saskatchewan is for a million bucks. Wink

Thanks. And it's true, chemistry is the best natural science.

jgweed

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 08:11 pm
@Berner,
Welcome to Philforum!
The sciences and music are not that far from philosophy which is another way of looking at the world and understanding and reflecting on it. Of course, I would suggest that philosophy is a more comprehensive and more satisfying way to think about the world, or at least to think about thinking how to understand the world.
Regards,
John

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I only noticed this section of the board today.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:50:21