Not entirely a unique introduction thread...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Not entirely a unique introduction thread...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 03:45 am
...But one nevertheless.

I'm a third-year student at the University of Aberdeen, studying History and Philosophy. On the committee for the Philosophy society there.

Admittedly here to brush up on topics I've always wanted to know of, but never quite got around to doing anything about.

I'm interested - outside of my degree - in the purpose of logic, the relationship between emotions and rationality, and the wonderful, wonderful prospects of existentialism.

This post feels rather stilted (as have many of my emails today!) so I apologise, but I look forward to discussing with many of you Smile.

RDanneskjld

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 06:34 am
@Blaidd Drwg,
Welcome to the forums Blaidd Drwg! Its always good to have another Philosophy student on the forums! Hope that you enjoy your stay at the forums!

jgweed

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 07:45 am
@Blaidd Drwg,
It's good to welcome someone with a similar background (history and philosophy) and interests ("Existentialism"). As a student, you can pursue unchartered philosophical waters here in the forums, as well as make contributions to the common stock of knowledge they provide, and just as importantly, by entering into the dialogues, discussions, and debates here, improve your philosophical writing and clarify your own thinking.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Krumple

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 07:53 am
@Blaidd Drwg,
Quote:
I'm interested - outside of my degree - in the purpose of logic, the relationship between emotions and rationality

Blaidd, I would say that your intro is unique and look forward to your input on our discussions here.

EmperorNero

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 09:11 pm
@Blaidd Drwg,
I love introductions where people don't try to be shocking or funny. Unless they are of course.
Welcome to PF.

Blaidd Drwg

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 01:49 am
@Blaidd Drwg,
Thanks everyone.

EmperorNero: I don't think I could be shocking/funny, even if I tried Smile

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Not entirely a unique introduction thread...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 03:55:33