Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 08:21 am
Hi from south of the equator...
I embarked on a journey of self discovery in July, after years of chasing and then finally catching, the "American dream", I realized that it's all smoke and mirrors.
Peru seemed to be a good physical starting point for me and this forum finding me is an added bonus. ;^)
Namaste...

mister kitten

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 09:00 am
@DiMiTri phil,
Hello from north of the equator.
Welcome to the forum DiMiTri! I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.
Peace,
Cole

Persona phil

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 09:44 am
@DiMiTri phil,
I wouldn't exatly say that the "American" dream is all smoke and mirrors. If anything, the Great Gastby makes a valid argument in pointing out that the "American" dream should be simplified to my/your own dream. But, whether it's valid or not in opposition to many a man's proselytizing of a unfied, almost "patriotic", dream is a matter of opinion I suppose.

At any rate, I await your posts with a skeptical eye:detective:, open mind:whoa-dude:, and equally open arms:a-ok:.

Welcome to the community.

Lily

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 12:42 pm
@DiMiTri phil,

jgweed

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 03:50 pm
@DiMiTri phil,
To dispel smoke and mirrors seems the goal of philosophising, at least at its highest calling. Hopefully the discussions here may be to your mind what the Peruvian mountains are to your body. Corpore sano, mens sano.
Welcome to the Philforum!
Regards,
John

TickTockMan

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 05:42 pm
@DiMiTri phil,
From your name, I would guess that perhaps The Vine of the Soul may have played a small part in your discovery of the smoke and mirrors. Welcome to the forum. Hope you find it useful.

Twistedgypsychil

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 06:57 pm
@DiMiTri phil,
Im new here too, but welcome Smile This seems like a very interesting board.

Jamie

Leonard

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 07:13 pm
@DiMiTri phil,
Hello DiMiTri, a warm welcome from the PhilPhorum. The American Dream is long dead, but we've still got freedom and mostly fair laws. So anyway, welcome and I hope you'll enjoy the forum.
-Cordally yours, Leonard.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.31 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:21:48