bon jour !

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 11:43 pm
Hi there fellow philosophers!

My name is Tyler and I'm very much looking forward to participating heavily in this forum. I suppose I've landed myself, as I expect most modern thinkers do, in quite the existential crisis. I feel that discussing my views and getting feedback may lead to further development. I don't suspect it will provide any answers per say (at this point I'm an absurdist), but hey... confusion, as misery, enjoys company.

Let's begin! To Progress!

All the best,
Tyler

kennethamy

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 11:47 pm
@tcycles710,
tcycles710;85483 wrote:
Hi there fellow philosophers!

My name is Tyler and I'm very much looking forward to participating heavily in this forum. I suppose I've landed myself, as I expect most modern thinkers do, in quite the existential crisis. I feel that discussing my views and getting feedback may lead to further development. I don't suspect it will provide any answers per say (at this point I'm an absurdist), but hey... confusion, as misery, enjoys company.

Let's begin! To Progress!

All the best,
Tyler

Begin with what?

tcycles710

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 12:22 am
@kennethamy,
This is the newcomers thread is it not? I was simply expressing my enthusiasm at beginning my new involvement in the philosophy forum. Perhaps I should have said 'IT begins!'

jgweed

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 05:59 am
@tcycles710,
It is always of important in our thinking to be able, at some stages, to expose it to other ways of approaching problems and other perspectives, to clarify it for ourselves by careful exposition, and to be satisfied that it encompasses situations and positions that we may have not fully considered.

Philosophy always involves questioning, and has since Sokrates walked the streets of Athens. A mind always challenging the commonplace, of seeing distinctions where others do not, and watching itself thinking as it thinks, is perhaps a fragile thing, and at times, travelling alone, arrives at impasses or raging rivers that it seems it cannot cross.

Welcome to Philforum, where I hope you will progress and perhaps cross that river.
Regards,
John

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:48:44