Hello fellow men

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 06:35 pm
I was looking for a forum that could entertain/learn me with some things that could be sensible to our nature. It took me a lot of tries until I found the right one, which tends to be this one. This forums seems fun yet at the same time makes a lot of sense. A great way to learn and expand my/our understanding.

I'm looking forward to meet you all and discuss things with you... Until then, I bid you all adieu.

mister kitten

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 06:42 pm
@Darkpoet,
Welcome to the forum Darkpoet! I'm sure you will learn many many things here.
Hope you enjoy your stay!

jgweed

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 06:55 pm
@Darkpoet,
Welcome to the Philforum!
I think you will enjoy the forums, whether you just read the conversations or join in.
Regards,
John

Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 08:11 pm
@jgweed,
Welcome to the forum, Darkpoet. By poet, do you mean that you like discussing poetry? If so, you'll find many members who enjoy poetry here, including myself. Again welcome, and enjoy Smile

Leonard

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 08:57 pm
@Darkpoet,
If you're a poet, i'm listening. You came to the right forum, this one is by far the greatest i've seen, and the people are very nice. Glad to see another 'recruit.' Well, see you 'round, Darkpoet.

Darkpoet

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 09:08 pm
@Darkpoet,
Yeah, I was hoping to talk about philosophy and stuff, and then I saw a section where you could put your creative writings. I was amazed:eek:

Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 09:46 pm
@Darkpoet,
There is also a club called the Thanatopsis Literary and Inside Straight Club which is dedicated to discussing poetry. Be happy to have another member join it!

Philosophy Forum - Social Groups

Caroline

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 03:15 am
@Darkpoet,
Hi Darkpoet and welcome to the forum. You've missed women out of your title or are you not saying hello to us?

Darkpoet

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 04:00 am
@Caroline,
I used "men" in a general term, like how "Man" could mean both male and female genders because it's like short for human, right?

Caroline

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 04:06 am
@Darkpoet,
Take no notice of me! Good morning and welcome to the forum.

Shadow Dragon

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 04:07 am
@Darkpoet,
Welcome to the forum Darkpoet.

Darkpoet

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 04:08 am
@Caroline,
In our country it's already evening, but Thanks for the welcomes!Smile

Caroline

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 04:13 am
@Darkpoet,
It is, you must be ahead of us then? Thank you.
Off to check out your poem now. Smile And have a nice night.

KaseiJin

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 05:27 am
@Darkpoet,
Without mention of what? might one ask; be it women?
Without notice of whom? should one question; is it a given?
But must there be a divide? one may wonder; such as a gender?
And why press? another will charge; the other's surrender?

From the heart of Japan, the land of fading memories of a more youth filled day, I send you my greetings along with big WELCOME to philform !

Darkpoet;85105 wrote:
I used "men" in a general term, like how "Man" could mean both male and female genders because it's like short for human, right?

Yes, while understanding the notion, I yet feel concerned enough to mention that the style is under change, and has quite faded into non-use itself. Be it for good, or for bad (while I say whole-hearted, 'for good!'), even the style such as 'mankind' is better represented by 'humankind.'

I hope you have a great time here, and enjoy to the max !! KJ

Caroline

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 05:33 am
@Darkpoet,
Yeah I'm sorry because I would use "fellow men" myself, I don't know why it sounded odd to me at the time.

KaseiJin

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 05:47 am
@Darkpoet,
I do understand, however. . . language is fluid, and 'suddens' almost never happen; it's most usually graduation by graduation. I do encourage more positive, productive-in-outcome changes, though, and less 'genderness' is most surely for the better, I'd argue any ole day. Thanks, fellow posters, for your taking notice !!

Lily

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 11:06 am
@Darkpoet,
Darkpoet;85064 wrote:
Yeah, I was hoping to talk about philosophy and stuff, and then I saw a section where you could put your creative writings. I was amazed:eek:

Yes, the members here are really great. If you like what people write you should check out their blogs.

Twirlip

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:16 am
@Darkpoet,
Do you know this?
YouTube - Little Dark Poet

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:22:42