Hello hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Deeples

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 06:31 am
Hey chums and dudes... How is everybody?

I know a precious little about philosophy, but I'm starting college tomorrow, actually, and I do think I'd like to major in it. So... here I am. To scavenge your thoughts.

RDanneskjld

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 06:50 am
@Deeples,
Heya Deeples, first off Welcome to the forum & hope that you enjoy your stay here! Philosophy is a great thing to pursue a degree in! I myself am Starting a degree in Philosophy starting soon, having been accepted by my University.

jgweed

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 06:53 am
@Deeples,
Majoring in philosophy is not a bad idea because even if you happen to change majors in your academic career---a very real possibility--- the knowledge and abilities you will have learned will be applicable to any other subject.
One of the best ways of learning philosophy is by attempting to do philosophy, that is to say, initially to use its argumentation and processes of critical analysis. This forum provides all sorts of opportunities to ask questions and to contribute to discussions at the theoretical and practical level.
Welcome to your brave new world of college life and welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:17 pm
@Deeples,
Oh NO! you found us out, for sure you called us chum because we trawl.

Cheers and Welcome,
Russ

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.54 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:36:02