Howdy!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Arjuna

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 11:42 am
I picked the name Arjuna randomly. This morning I was pondering randomness and how it relates to the generation of meaning... and then all that folded into a documentary I saw last night about the emergence of the idea of fractals. I started thinking about the fractal nature of thought.

Then I thought... Hey! I wonder what other people think!

I appreciate the gods of this forum for making it possible... whoever they are. I'm looking forward to exploring, learning, getting to know folks, and maybe contributing.

Yay!

Caroline

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 11:51 am
@Arjuna,
Thank you and hello Arjuna, welcome to the forum, glad you found us! I hope you enjoy it here and feel free to make contributions, look forward to it. Thank you for your interesting and thought provoking post, Caroline.

jgweed

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 12:05 pm
@Arjuna,
I watched the same programme. I am not sure fractals have application to language or meaning, since neither seem to be random but more akin to an evolutionary or historical paradigm, although I am sure other Members might have other thoughts on the subject when it is discussed.
At any rate, welcome to the Philforum, and I hope you will become an active contributor to the forum threads.
Regards,
John

Mnemosyne phil

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 03:39 pm
@Arjuna,
A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Cheers!

mister kitten

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 08:33 pm
@Arjuna,
Welcome Arjuna! : )
I hope you enjoy your stay at the forum. I know I certainly have.

Leonard

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 08:33 pm
@Arjuna,
Hello! welcome to the forum. See you round.

KaseiJin

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 10:23 pm
@Arjuna,
From the just-post-peak of summer days of the Japanese Alpine highlands, I send you my greetings along with a big WELCOME to philforum (to adopt jgweed's usage) !

Arjuna, third of the Pandavas, son of Kunti and Indra, invinsible in battle as Indra himself, the only Atiratha among all princes (Adi Parva X, XI) . . . a great name indeed.

I must ask, for that reason (and nevertheless), how it is that you say you have chosen this name randomly? Thanks . . . and I look forward to seeing you 'round (although I am not on line that much, and kind of come and go...) KJ

hammersklavier

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 10:52 pm
@Arjuna,
Hello Arjuna! Shining as a silver archer's arrows I hope your posts are.

Arjuna

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 07:01 am
@KaseiJin,
Hi! The impetus to register on this forum instead of just reading the posts was a morning in which I once again found myself surrounded by the swirling dance in which randomness and order give each other life. In one landscape of the mind, order goes by the name of Mercy... and it's partner is Fear. So randomness was on my mind. I chose the name Arjuna, but I don't know why. All I ever knew about the name has long since turned to dust... all that's left is the question of what one was born to do. But since I look up on my wall now and see a picture of Krishna.. which is there only because it's an example of the kind of art I do: where the need isn't satisfied until the figure has the quality of life.. which is somehow religious or .. I don't know.. healing art... anyway... But your post made my day... and the others too. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:33:08