G'day from Down Under!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » G'day from Down Under!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 05:06 am
Hey guys

How are you all?

I generally don't use forums cause of the "cyberbullying" occurring between students in Aus. but decided to give this a try. :poke-eye:

Caroline

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 05:58 am
@xwrathbringerx,
Hey xwrathbringerx, (bit of a mouthful, Smile). Wecome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here, we don't allow bullying here so if you have any issues please report it by using the report button at the top right of the post box or contact a mod via a pm, thanks enjoy your stay.
Caroline.

jgweed

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 06:49 am
@xwrathbringerx,
While spirited debate and criticism of positions can often occur, that does not mean that they cannot be conducted in a philosophical manner, which implies respect for other perspectives and an authentic belief that one just might be in error. Intellectual violence, whether propaganda, the insistence upon fallacy, or personal attacks and rudeness, is the opposite of an open dialogue that is the cornerstone of philosophical thinking, and this community values such dialogue.
Welcome to the Philforum!
Regards,
John

This community fosters open

Lily

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 06:57 am
@xwrathbringerx,
xwrathbringerx;83185 wrote:
:poke-eye:

That smiley is just fantastic! I love it. Do you live by the sea? If you do I envy you...

Justin

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 10:42 am
@xwrathbringerx,
xwrathbringerx;83185 wrote:
How are you all?

I generally don't use forums cause of the "cyberbullying" occurring between students in Aus. but decided to give this a try. :poke-eye:

We're doing alright, how are you? Glad you decided to register on the forum and hope you enjoy yourself here. As the others have said, we do not tolerate 'cyberbullying' or intellectual knife fights. We are however human so there are times where we do slip but overall, this forum and it's members are pretty reasonable, open minded and forgiving.

Peace!

Leonard

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:57 pm
@xwrathbringerx,
welcome to the forum. We do not condone bullying and anyone who doesn't respect other people or their opinions. If you see any bullying you may refer the person, and repeated offenses result in a ban. But welcome to the forum, and don't worry about it. Also, try using the chat because it's something we're trying to make more popular on the forum despite its minor flaws.

Shinhyung

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:52 pm
@xwrathbringerx,
Hi and welcome! I hope you have a enjoyable time in this forum, as I'me sure you will Smile And from my experience here, there does not seem to be any need to worry about cyberbullying.

Just wondering, where is Lucifer's Pit? Does "down under" describe this place?

manored

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 11:58 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;83196 wrote:
Hey xwrathbringerx, (bit of a mouthful, Smile). Wecome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here, we don't allow bullying here so if you have any issues please report it by using the report button at the top right of the post box or contact a mod via a pm, thanks enjoy your stay.
Caroline.
If you look closer you will notice its just "wrath bringer", but with the two words united and surrounded by "x" =)

Welcome, and fear not cyberbullying in any forums, for forums give you the magical ability of just plain ignoring people =)

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » G'day from Down Under!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:10:42