Are you ever to old to becomee a nurse?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

BeauregardU4A3C

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 07:06 am
@Jennifer 1,
I am reading all the posts-I am 58 with 30 yrs nursing exp-psych NP (CNS in FL), surgical oncology & OR-I have gone to job fairs, dropped off resumes and applications-no bites. At this pont, I am having troulbe keeping up my cetification because I am not employed, though all CEUs up to date. I left a marvelous navigation job in NY to relocate to FL. Work hx is flawless. I asked my PMD-he says that it is probably my age-nobody would want to pay but I could be a real bargain as money is not the issue. I am not fluent in Spanish which most people speak down here. Doc doesn't think the Spanish is so much the issue as the folks hiring want a young person for lower salary who they can mold into what they want. I took Spanish for health care professionals. Experience doesn't seem to count-where a nurse can walk into a room and know something is gong on with a pt even if it isn't her own pt. And I am really good with emotional issues. It is frustrating. Home care might be an option but it beats up your car. Age & experience might count against you. I took my birthdate off the resume and played down the experience-highlighted "computer champion skills" and the fact that I help set up new programs & piloted nursing positions

MitchellFerrel

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 02:15 am
Yes, agreed with you all, I don't think age can be an issue. It's never too late to become a nurse. When I was in nursing school, I have 3 classmates who are above 40. Age cannot decide you working ability. If you want to become a nurse then just so for it. Your age will not interfere in your way. There is nothing like they prefer young nurses.

MitchellFerrel

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 01:34 am
Yes definitely you can. It is never late to cover up your dream. If you think that you are compatible with this job and you have the potential to do it, you can apply for it.

StumbleUpon

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 01:06 am
I'm so happy to read so positive posts here.

Greglim

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 12:04 pm
@Jennifer 1,
You can become a nurse anytime and at any age. I can remember when I went to nursing school, there were people in their 40's and 50's becoming nurses. It was amazing. You can do this because you want to do it. I would go for the job interviews and I wish you the very best.

manfrom atlantis

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2016 05:32 pm
as long as your health and strong.

Greglim

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 06:25 pm
You are never to old to become a nurse. You can graduate from nursing school at the age of 99 or 100 and older. It is never too late. I have heard people graduating from high school at the age of 90 years old or 100 years old; so nurses can graduate from nursing school.

Greglim

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 07:30 pm
You are never too old enough to be a nurse. I know people who are in their 50's and 60's and go to nursing school and become nurses. You can be a nurse at any age; just like getting your college degree and high school diploma at any age.

Greglim

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 12:38 pm
I would go for your dreams and become a nurse at any age. You will be glad that you did and everything will be great.

Greglim

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 03:04 pm
You are never too old to be a nurse. In fact, I have known people who are in their 90's who graduated and got their degree. It is never too late.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.53 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:19:40