NURSING IN DUBAI/UAE - ADVICE/ TIPS PLEASE!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

sweet babe

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:06 am
Uclan student-nursing in oman
hiya, shining star, im in the october 04 intake and yeah, im a blackburn student

osiris7

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 09:39 pm
Dubai
If you go, keep your wits about you. Dubai and the people who live in it are not always what they seem. It is a place of traders, smugglers, shady financiers, and people out to make a quick buck. Forewarned is forearmed.

shine 2

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:19 am
Re: elective placements
umnessy wrote:
hi
im a student nurse coming to the end of my 2nd year of training.
me and a friend wish to carry out our elective placement of 8 weeks in dubai, jan 07, would just like to know which would be the best hospital to look into in terms of educational facilities and teaching schools attached to it

any advice would be much appreciated

hi just wondering did u gt newer with doing ur elective in dubai?? i am currently a 1st yr student and want 2 do my elective yr in dubai bt i relly dnt knw how 2 go about it, js wna gt some info 2gether nw. thnx

shine 2

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 11:14 am
Re: elective placements
ShiningStar wrote:
umnessy wrote:
hi
im a student nurse coming to the end of my 2nd year of training.
me and a friend wish to carry out our elective placement of 8 weeks in dubai, jan 07, would just like to know which would be the best hospital to look into in terms of educational facilities and teaching schools attached to it

any advice would be much appreciated

Hi umnessy,

I am a third year student, and my elective starts in september 06. I was desperate to go to Dubai or Riyadh in Saudi for this placement. I contacted near enough all the hospitals including the private ones, but unfortunately they do not take students from abroad because of Visa and Immigration issues, so ive been told. Anyway, it hasn't dettered me going to the Middle East for this oppurtunity, so instead I am going to Oman, Muscat, which is Saudi's Neighbour. It is a first for the hospital in Muscat to take students from abroad so hopefully I will learn alot. Anyway if you want more info, then message me.

hi shiningstar

jus wondering did u go 2 oman then?? i want 2 go dubai for my elective year but heard its rly hard 4 students 2 gt in.

jackstone

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 11:52 am
hello all.

I am a student nurse in the philippines and will graduate in a few months time. I am really really interested in practicing in the UAE (Dubai specifically). I am wondering if anybody knows if there are opportunities for fresh graduates there.

Please I would appreciate any advice/tip. Thank you very much.

linzielou

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 05:20 am
Re: Dubai
Hi Blondie 79,

I just read your blog and saw that you did your elective placement in Sydney. I am trying to arrange mine and Sydney is a place I want to go. Would you mind telling me how you arrange yours and how I could go about it
Thanks alot
Lindsey Laughing

em wrote:
Hi Blondie 79.
I am also currently looking into Nursing in Dubai. I also only qualified a year ago. If you have any luck finding an agency who will accept this would you please let me know and I will do the same.
Also I did my elective placement in Sydney and absolutly loved it and would recomend it to anyone! However the money is not much better than here so the middle east would prob be better if you are wanting to save Cheers EM Razz
Laughing

juliemariergn

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:29 am
I WANT TO GO TO SAUDI TO NURSE!
I still have not gone but am keen to go now - any advice guys!? What about Dubai?

Stephanie 34

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 12:31 pm
Re: Dubai employment...
Deirdre wrote:
Hello and Good AM to all of you

I am with Helen Zeigler and Co for travel nursing in Dubai. I was actually going to go to Saudi, but I have family in Dubai, and they begged me not to go.

I have a 23 year old daughter who recently went to Dubai, had a wonderful time and my sister leaves for Dubai tomorrow. It is a great place, pay not that great but it is a wonderful adventure and good if you go with the desire to enjoy your year there.

If you need a contact let me know, I am familiar with the area, and have family there willing to assist you if you need...

Very Happy
HI DEIRDRE
AN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME AN IDEA OF THE PAY IN DUBAI

Adele 1

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 07:05 pm
Dubai
Does anyone know an agency that takes New Zealand Registered Nurses one year out?? I want to go work in Dubai, I would of been out 2 years by the time my friend has done one but we want to go together ASAP. any advice as to similar situations or agency/hospitals that would accept please let me know. Thanks.

gitana

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 02:55 pm
Nursing in Dubai
Hi all,

I am a nurse in London, wanting to go and work in Dubai. Can you give me some suggestions about nursing in Dubai. Can I work with UK license? I have EU passport, do I need a work permit in Dubai?
Thanks much!

Marisabel43

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 11:40 am
Nursing in Dubai
Hi Gitana,
I am in the process of updating my cv as i also want to go to Saudi Arabia/UAE. I have been in touch with Pulse recruitment, the lady there called me back and has been very helpful. There are a few recruitments agencies that you can send your CV to and they arrange everything for you. Interviews are normally over the phone.Good Luck and you never know we might meet each other out there Very Happy You can work with your NMC registration but you need to keep it up to date here in the UK (by paying your annual reg fee). The agency sorts out your visa permit. Hope this helps.

Marisa

creamcheese

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 10:22 pm
Dubai
what can an experienced ER nurse make traveling there?l:

div1delaney

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 10:00 pm
Re: working in the UAE
Hi there,
I am looking at going to Dubai to nurse for a year or two however only have the knowledge of the research I have done on the internet regarding it. Could you please give me information on living arrangements, lifestyle in Dubai, working conditions and whether or not the pay is worth it?
Rgds

deevarn

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:51 pm
Interested in Dubai
Smile
I am a travel nurse in the USA, and I have heard of Dubai nursing assignments but have never communicated with someone with first-hand experience. Have you traveled there recently? What is the climate (socially) for women; this being an Arab nation? How is the security there? How is the housing set up? And you mentioned that salary is not that great......what about that?

Interested....

deevarn

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:54 pm
Re: Dubai employment...
Deirdre wrote:
Hello and Good AM to all of you

I am with Helen Zeigler and Co for travel nursing in Dubai. I was actually going to go to Saudi, but I have family in Dubai, and they begged me not to go.

I have a 23 year old daughter who recently went to Dubai, had a wonderful time and my sister leaves for Dubai tomorrow. It is a great place, pay not that great but it is a wonderful adventure and good if you go with the desire to enjoy your year there.

If you need a contact let me know, I am familiar with the area, and have family there willing to assist you if you need...

Very Happy

Please see my post under Deevarn. I have questions for anyone who has gone to Dubai already.

sfjstar

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 12:22 am
@Deirdre 1,
Hi Deirdre 1! I read ur post and I decided to contact u right there & then. I'm currently working in a duly-registered private employment agency based here in Manila, Phils. The company is looking to supply experienced Filipino nurses to UAE or the Mid-East. You happen to mention u r w' Helen Ziegler & i wna ask if they're open to partner with an agency here in the Phils for such a purpose. Also, if u cn help us in this aspect..we're willing to compensate for ur assistance.pls email me at:[email protected], address to shiena.Thanks so much for reading, most esp. ur response

mayish

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 05:54 am
can u give me any tips or pointers for haad exam in abu dhabi..pls pls

princyanuv

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 01:45 pm
Dear Sir/Ma'am:
I would like to know the procedure involved in the HAAD examination. I am a registered nurse in kerala, India and is planning to take the HAAD exam, but my knowledge about this exam is very limited. I would like to seek for your help regarding this matter. I need to know the procedure and couple of old questionaire and the other things that I would have to keep in mind during the whole process.

Can you pls pls send the details to [email protected].

Would be aquautng your results
Take Care

ameenali

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 09:59 am
hello all,
my self ameen ali completed 4 .5 years basic bsc nursing and having 6 months clinical experience and looking for the job in abroad.... please guid me.
i will b thankfull to you.

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 10:07 am
@ameenali,
Start with language skills, you will need strong language skills in the country you want to work in.

For example, in the US it's hard to get a job as a nurse from abroad (even though there is a nursing shortage) and many nurses who want to work in the US actually go work in the UK first (it's easier to get a job in the US as a nurse from the UK than as a nurse coming from Dubai).

So for most English-speaking countries if you do not speak English very well you really have no shot.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 08:14:48