NURSING IN DUBAI/UAE - ADVICE/ TIPS PLEASE!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » NURSING IN DUBAI/UAE - ADVICE/ TIPS PLEASE!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 02:09 pm
NURSING IN DUBAI/UAE - ADVICE/ TIPS PLEASE!
Hi there
I am a UK Nurse in London and wanting to work in Dubai/UAE in the near future. Have you ever done this or know anyone who has? If so what was it like/ experiences etc .. life style and tax free money worth it?
greatful of any comments

blondie79

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 11:21 am
Hi how long have you been qualified? I am also a UK nurse and I have always wanted to go to Dubai to work...I have been qualified for a year now,but you have to have 2-3 years experience! so am contemplating Australia no Very Happy

em 1

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 05:34 pm
Dubai
Hi Blondie 79.
I am also currently looking into Nursing in Dubai. I also only qualified a year ago. If you have any luck finding an agency who will accept this would you please let me know and I will do the same.
Also I did my elective placement in Sydney and absolutly loved it and would recomend it to anyone! However the money is not much better than here so the middle east would prob be better if you are wanting to save Cheers EM Razz

Deirdre 1

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:26 am
Dubai employment...
Hello and Good AM to all of you

I am with Helen Zeigler and Co for travel nursing in Dubai. I was actually going to go to Saudi, but I have family in Dubai, and they begged me not to go.

I have a 23 year old daughter who recently went to Dubai, had a wonderful time and my sister leaves for Dubai tomorrow. It is a great place, pay not that great but it is a wonderful adventure and good if you go with the desire to enjoy your year there.

If you need a contact let me know, I am familiar with the area, and have family there willing to assist you if you need...

Very Happy

umnessy

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 07:00 pm
elective placements
hi
im a student nurse coming to the end of my 2nd year of training.
me and a friend wish to carry out our elective placement of 8 weeks in dubai, jan 07, would just like to know which would be the best hospital to look into in terms of educational facilities and teaching schools attached to it

any advice would be much appreciated

em 1

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:32 am
Good on you! I did my elective in Sydney and it was the best experience I could have had! Good luck in finding a placement!
Would be great full if you could keep the board up to date with any useful infromation you might have!
Best of Luck Smile

ShiningStar

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 11:14 am
Re: elective placements
umnessy wrote:
hi
im a student nurse coming to the end of my 2nd year of training.
me and a friend wish to carry out our elective placement of 8 weeks in dubai, jan 07, would just like to know which would be the best hospital to look into in terms of educational facilities and teaching schools attached to it

any advice would be much appreciated

Hi umnessy,

I am a third year student, and my elective starts in september 06. I was desperate to go to Dubai or Riyadh in Saudi for this placement. I contacted near enough all the hospitals including the private ones, but unfortunately they do not take students from abroad because of Visa and Immigration issues, so ive been told. Anyway, it hasn't dettered me going to the Middle East for this oppurtunity, so instead I am going to Oman, Muscat, which is Saudi's Neighbour. It is a first for the hospital in Muscat to take students from abroad so hopefully I will learn alot. Anyway if you want more info, then message me.

umnessy

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 01:24 pm
thanks ever so much for ur reply, i feel like i have also near enough contacted all the hospitals in dubai, with no luck at all, same complicated reasons such as visa's will not allow us to work ther as students.
i would love to find out which hospital you are going to in oman and how you are going about your elective, ur help is already and will be much appreciated.
id love to know which hospital and who it is i need to speak to
id also like to find out more first hand from yourself about how uv gone bout organising other issues like accomodation and flights as i already had these worked out if i was to go dubai.

kimmiejs

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:35 pm
Australia is a great place to live and work. I worked in Perth Western Australia in a private hospital. I am moving back there this summer. I can't wait.

ShiningStar

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 10:09 pm
umnessy wrote:
thanks ever so much for ur reply, i feel like i have also near enough contacted all the hospitals in dubai, with no luck at all, same complicated reasons such as visa's will not allow us to work ther as students.
i would love to find out which hospital you are going to in oman and how you are going about your elective, ur help is already and will be much appreciated.
id love to know which hospital and who it is i need to speak to
id also like to find out more first hand from yourself about how uv gone bout organising other issues like accomodation and flights as i already had these worked out if i was to go dubai.

Hey,
I am going to The Royal Hospital, which is in Muscat. Initially, I went to see one of the lecturers at my uni who had done a project there, so they knew quite alot about Oman. I then contacted the International Facillitator of my uni who in turn contacted the Deans of the university in Oman to try and get me the placement. Apparently the uni am at has links with one of the Nursing Unis in Oman so it made it easier. Anyway, the Deans came to England a few weeks ago on a Business trip and saw me and my other 2 friends who are going as well, to confirm the placement. I have to pay for flights and maybe accomodation, but all that is to be arranged yet, first I need to give all the relevant documentations in and then take it from there. By the way if u are with the RCN, they have a guide on arranging your elective which they can send u. Anyway if u wanna know anything else then send me a message. Ta

umnessy

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:01 am
amazed
THANK u shining star for ur reply, it sounds like you and your university have done really well with the contacts you have in oman, i mean meeting the dean of the university in person before your placement is an amazing achievement, its a rare oppertunity that you have taken the most out of, absolutley amazing.
you dont go to Manchester University by any chance?? that would be the best help ever!! if not, which uni do u attend?

it surprising to hear that ur going in sept this year and ur acc and flights still need arranging, is that because of any difficulties or just because you think its too soon to arrange these things?
out of curiosity, what nationality are you and what are your thoughts on nursing in a muslim country?
i am from pakistani origin and i am a practising muslim, a placement in the middle east would be a dream come true, my name is Anisah by the way!

ShiningStar

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 10:18 am
Hi again,

Am not actually too far away, am at UClan, Preston. I heard from a friend of mine who goes to Manchester that they do not allow students going abroad for electives. Am not sure if you can post your email address on here, but unfortunately I cannot PM u because it has been disabled. So here is my email address, add me on , and if u are on MSN messenger then I can chat to u in greater depth.

holmes 1

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:27 am
Electives abroad
Hi there,

I'm currently a 2nd year nursing student in Edinburgh, and hope to undertake my elective placement in Vancouver next summer. I was just wondering if any of your have any tips on electives, especially about Vancouver, such as travel tips, hospitals to aprroach etc. Any information will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

indigo 27

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 06:33 am
working in the UAE
I have spent the past 4 yrs as a midwife in the UAE, can answer any of your questions..I would do it again in a heartbeat!
[email protected]

Damon1960

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:30 am
Al Rabha Hospital
Hi All

I am new to the travelling nursing thing, I am a male registered nurse (Australian) dare I say 45. I am considering working in UAE, any advise and any tips and what is the above mentioned place like anyone know?

Appreciate advise. Very Happy

Damon1960

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:32 am
Al Rabha Hospital I forgot to add that.

sweet babe

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 08:55 am
nursing in oman
im a nursing student at the university of central lancashire, and i am planning to go 2 oman next year for my elective, the only thing is that i've asked all my friends if they want to come, but they won't be able to make it. i really dont wanna go on my own, so does anyone know how to go about it?

ShiningStar

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 05:31 pm
Re: nursing in oman
sweet_babe wrote:
im a nursing student at the university of central lancashire, and i am planning to go 2 oman next year for my elective, the only thing is that i've asked all my friends if they want to come, but they won't be able to make it. i really dont wanna go on my own, so does anyone know how to go about it?

Hi sweet, which intake are u in? and r u blackburn student?

ShiningStar

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 05:32 pm
Damon1960 wrote:
Al Rabha Hospital I forgot to add that.

Hi Damon, where exactly is Al Rabha Hospital? I am going to Oman in September so I dont know much yet, but am just curious about where it is.

Damon1960

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 08:06 pm
AL RAHBA HOSPITAL
It is located 50 km from Abu-Dhabi city. It is the latest of the modern hospitals to open under the General Health Authority in Abu-Dhabi. Al-Rhabah Hospital is halfway between Abu-Dhabi and Dubai cities (approximately 45 minutes drive from each).

Al-Rahbah is a 142 bed new hospital with a VIP wing and most Medical and Surgical services scheduled to open late March 2003. Services to include:

General Surgery
Internal Medicine
Orthopaedics
Paediatrics
Maternity
Emergency Medicine
Ophthalmology
ENT
Radiology
Dermatology
Dentistry
Anaesthesia
Critical Care
Out Patients Clinic

So I am hoping to take on the experience soon. Infection Control is my thing. This is my first long term adventure away from Australia and by myself, so I hope you experienced folk will be kind. Any advise appreciated. I start hopefully as a grade 6 step 7.

Any advise welcome.

Damon

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » NURSING IN DUBAI/UAE - ADVICE/ TIPS PLEASE!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:33:19