What are the hot travel locations for us nurses?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » What are the hot travel locations for us nurses?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:22 pm
What are the hot travel locations for us nurses?
I'm thinking about travelling, maybe a coast or something.

Anyone know where it's kicking?

addicted2sp33d

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 04:00 pm
I'm out here in San Diego right now. Absolutely lovin' it out here. Weather is great, people are friendly, and (I assume you like girls), the girls out here are absolute hotties. Shocked Shocked

Robyn 28

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 04:53 pm
Sounds like the place to be. ;-)

But what about the cost of living?

moomin 1

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 06:28 pm
student
Hi, I'm going to college to become a nurse.
What does it like to be a traveling nurse?

Ron 1

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 07:10 am
I have been in several different locations. Sonyea, NY, St. Louis, MI, Huntsville, TX, Roswell, NM, Bakersfield, CA and now in Benson, AZ. It all depends on what you are looking for in an assignment. You should try to find an area that has things of interest to you. If you like the old west then AZ and NM are pretty cool. If you like the snow then MI or NY are good places to go. Look for an adventure where ever you decide to go. I have worked with two different agencies. Stay clear of Nightingale Nurses. Access has been GREAT dealing with. Good luck in your travels

surfgirl

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:21 pm
Cost of Living
With a travel nurses salary living in San Diego shouldn't be a problem. It will depend on where you want to live. Inland is slightly cheaper than living close to the beach. I personally think living next to the beach is worth it. The people are great and there's so much to do!

sn 1

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 03:56 pm
International
As someone who is about ready to become a travel nurse I wondered if it's possible to be a travel nurse internationally?

Kayla 1

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 04:29 pm
Check out the Statewide Nursing website. I had a superior that went international for awhile. If I recall the paperwork is a major pain and things are done differently. But what a great experience that would be!

moomin 1

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 04:17 pm
Some travel nurse agencieas support international nurses to get visa to be able to work in US. I wonder if it's possible for american nurses to go overseas to work as a nurse. Places like south east asian counties are in urgent need for more medical staff to help local tsunami victims. Anyone knows about this?

paigerizme

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 06:35 pm
Re: International
sn wrote:
As someone who is about ready to become a travel nurse I wondered if it's possible to be a travel nurse internationally?

In this months issue of "RN" there was a company that did International Travel- Ill try and find the name and post it for anyone interested.

eastcoastrn

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 06:08 pm
paigerizme that would be great! I think everybody should do a travel assignment abroad. Who would want to pass up that experience Question

DiplomaRN

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 05:59 am
I now that O'Grady Payton does international travel assisgnments

bethann 1

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 06:11 am
international travel with o'grady peyton
oh, my, stay far far far away from ogrady peyton. they have put the screws to our travel r.n.'s from the phillipines, china, and jamaica. they had to find their own housing and do not receive a stipend and they are the lowest paid r.n.'s in tucson! it's sad how they were taken advantage of because they didn't have a grasp of what they were getting as opposed to what the other rn's were getting. we have tried to help them out bey giving them some furniture and stuff but it sure was crappy of ogrady peyton and i will never workk for them

heart 1

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:43 pm
Re: international travel with o'grady peyton
beth ann wrote:
oh, my, stay far far far away from ogrady peyton. they have put the screws to our travel r.n.'s from the phillipines, china, and jamaica. they had to find their own housing and do not receive a stipend and they are the lowest paid r.n.'s in tucson! it's sad how they were taken advantage of because they didn't have a grasp of what they were getting as opposed to what the other rn's were getting. we have tried to help them out bey giving them some furniture and stuff but it sure was crappy of ogrady peyton and i will never workk for them

Thanks for the heads up....I am currently looking at Grady O'Peyton for international travel nursing. Now I know better!!!

catspaw 1

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 07:58 am
Ron on travel nursing
I agree never use Nightingale nursing Exclamation Exclamation

Wildflower63 1

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 01:58 pm
Did I just blow it with Access?

I agreed to take an assignment in CA. It will be my first try at travel nursing. They said that they would give me $450 for air fare. I can't find a ticket out of here less than $650. Are they talking $450 for a one way ticket or round trip. I assumed round trip, which may cost more. What's the deal?

She didn't want to give me private housing because it is a four week assignment. My 14 year old daughter is on summer vacation and wants to go. I am willing to pay her plane ticket. I realize this isn't a grand way to get rich quick, but I only have a few more years left to have her and she will be an adult and leave me for her own life. With my marital problems, she thinks vagrancy is a way of life that gives you lots of freedom. Am I being unreasonable wanting private housing, at all times? We are ok with one bedroom.

I don't have a California license. I was offered this position on Friday and was told to call fast to get a CA license. I got a recording to call back during office hours and today is a holiday. How am I going to get a license in time to work a week from today? Is it possible?

I sent the recruiter an e-mail declining the offered job stating that I wanted private housing, at all times, to have the option of taking my daughter, at my expense. I don't feel that I realistically have time to get a CA license by next Monday. I asked that I be put in their system as an employee, so that I can look at different assignments and call her when I find something. I wanted to know about health care, that is supposed to start immediately. I said that I couldn't get airfare within what they were willing to reimburse and don't feel like swallowing a few hundred dollars.

Am I being reasonable or did I just blow it?

catspaw 1

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:12 am
California is a walk through state if you have verification transcripts from primary and other. Its not unreasonable to ask for private housing. The transportation is your problem. I am a single Mom and tohave reimbursible money can be challanging. I take my boys with me traveling is hard especially if they are teenagers Continuity is priority. You can find loads of jobs in california. There is a 9percent employment tax they dont talk about

silverarabs

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 02:58 pm
travel companies i have liked
I am with Dakota Med temps, and like tham alot. I have been with On Assignment and would use them again if they have the assignment I want. I didnt like Nightingale Nurses out of Boca Raton, Fla. They fired my experienced and (expensive) recruiter, and that was the stupidest thing to do!!!She was Great!!! Vicki was her name!!! Anyway, Hope you all give Dakota Med a try!! Tell them, Kathy K. sent you!!! Keep on Nursing!!!

catspaw 1

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 08:22 pm
I agree NEVER NEVER use nightingale nurses with a double NEVER

RonEvens

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 03:40 am
I will continue the statements about Nightingale. Don't Don't Don't work for them. I had to sue them to get my final paycheck, completion bonus and travel pay.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » What are the hot travel locations for us nurses?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 10:24:38