Nursing pay

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

bob martin

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:25 am
Nurse Pay
To all,

I'm a home health nurse, works 8 hrs a day, 40 hrs a week with Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles, California.

In the last 3 years, my average gross income is $78,000 a year. This year because of overtime, my projected gross is $85,000.00

I work 0830 to 1700 hours.

rascal

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 10:32 pm
my final exam in Patient Care Assistant ..... assistant to the RN is this coming week. ok, so when i apply for a job. what kind of pay do you think i could get?? An aid to the nurse. im not greedy. i am gonna just be so happy to be among such a great community of people helping people. but of course, i wont turn away a good paycheck either.
i have been going to school for 2 years straight. what it will be like to get a real , regular check. wow. but what does an aid usually get right out of school??
just curious. im in ohio. thank you guys for what you do.
rascal

growlowbunch

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 10:35 pm
pca pay
depends on where you live and work. In FL base pay is around 9/hr and then diffs if you work evening or nights or weekends only etc.

novice 1

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:50 pm
HI Rascal!
I work in a hospital based out of Dearborn, Michigan--it's a suburb of Detroit. Our nurse assistants start at $12.23 an hour. The job description does require the potential employee to have had either 1 year experience as a nurse's assistant (in a long term facility) OR have 1 year of nursing school experience.
Also...........I read your response as to the discussion on an RNs rate of pay (ADN v BSN). I must say that when I read it, I said "Amen"!!! There are good and not so good nurses that may or may not carry tons of initials after their names. What ultimately matters is the care we provide to the patient.
Hope the information that I provided (regarding nurse assist. pay) helps you receive what I'm sure you deserve!!!

novice

GlockGirl

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 06:48 pm
nursing pay

Hi i am new to the site, just happened to click onto this discussion; I'll give you the input for a travel nurse in the Tampabay area florida. I am currently on my third contract at a smaller hospital in Pasco county. I have a 27 week contract on med/surg/tele/chem; three twelve hour shifts. $23. per hour no differentials; $1500 a month subsidy for housing outright since I commute; 2-$1000 bonus' at the end of 13th week and 26th week; plus insurance and malpractice; The nurses there for new grads is $19/hr; average is $22-23

chinese girl

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 09:11 am
i'm a chinese nurse.
i'm a chinese nurse.and i'm in a not big city ,so my salary is very low,about 200 American dollars,what a pity!Sad
but nurses in some big city ,for example beijing ,sahnghai ,can earn about 1000 American dollars.

chinese girl

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 11:10 pm
i mean month salary!Sad

Ginger Snap

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 08:24 pm
Thanks, Chinese Girl, for reminding those of us in the States about just how blessed we are.

aaureo

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:51 pm
Re: Nurse Pay
bob martin wrote:
To all,

I'm a home health nurse, works 8 hrs a day, 40 hrs a week with Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles, California.

In the last 3 years, my average gross income is $78,000 a year. This year because of overtime, my projected gross is $85,000.00

I work 0830 to 1700 hours.

Hi sir bob, did you visit the Philippines? I can remember Kaiser Permanente visited our school here, (De La Salle-Health Sciences Campus), anyway your making great money, haha!

HeatherLPN

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:11 am
I'm in Ohio. Bigger cities around here pay anywhere from $20-30/hr, unless you do the weekend warrior thing in the big cites. They make a lot more.

I was making $13.35/hr. + shift differential of 75 cents. I quit that job, and at my new job I'm making $17.85--but it's PRN, in a nursing home. When I get hired full time, I'll only make $15.15, + $1 shift differential for nights.

I also work part time as a medpass nurse in an MR/DD facility and make $15.25/hour, just to go in for about 2 hours and pass meds, do treatments, and any wound care needed.

Kappa Nurse

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 05:01 pm
San Diego
Hello all. I'm located in San Diego, California. I am currently working the 11p -7a shift, 40 hours/weekly. I am not receiving benefits because both my wife and I both work at Kaiser Permanente. This means that all of our medical benefits are deducted from my wife's pay, which means that I am what is called, ACP. I work in the ICU, which is considered speacilty pay, which sets my pay rate at $45.86/hr. That adds up to $88,051.00/year, even before overtime. However, living in San Diego, it seems like pennies!!!!

shining armani

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:11 pm
Hi not "just" a nurse!
I am in the process of moving to the US because The $$ is great. I have been looking all around and the grass is definitely greener. I have yet to be offered less than $59,000. That is full time without shift diff and OT.
Just figure out where you want to live and that place is your oyster! A little research goes a long way. Good luck Exclamation

kittenicole1313

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:16 pm
My mom is a RN right now...
My mom is a RN right now at a hospital here in Kentucky and she makes $33 an hour; she has been an RN for 25 years and when we lived in OH she made $45 an hour, so I guess it does depend on where you live.

yoyo 1

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 12:24 pm
Does anyone know how much the RN earn per hour in Tulsa for RN over 10 years. Please let me know. Thanks+

peaches 1

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:41 am
Nursing salary, reply to Joffus.
I see that you are a man, with a wife at home to take care of your kids. Most of the women I know do not have a husband at home, and have to work and pay day-care and baby-sitters, which makes it hard for them to work nights or week-ends as you do. Lets hear from some women about nursing salaries. Also, men make more money than women in almost any job. My DON says that if a female and a male both apply for the same job, the male will get it. She was speaking of nursing jobs. It would be easy to work and make money if a woman didn't have kids at home who need her.

nurse in progress

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:49 pm
To Gingersnap
Gingersnap, I like your replies, and I think this website is what opinions are for. Don't let wildflower get to you....that was silly of her. No offense to you either wildflower...but it's true. chat rooms are for opinions.
Wages are something everyone cares about. No one but you knows how much you make, and it does vary from state to state. But you have to love what you do to deal with bull crap. The money is nice, but really...love what you do or even 100 thou/ wouldn't be worth it... :wink:

Bmw22822

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:22 pm
I have been a nurse for three years and currently make 26$ an hour, 49,000 last year.

muchsisu

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 03:03 pm
Nursing Pay
Hi, new to these posts, but found this one interesting. I'm an LPN and a few months ago in our local paper, there were openings at a LTC facility, with wages stated as $27.00 + for LPN's! I'm sure that included shift diff, etc., but I thought that was a mighty nice wage for an LPN. I didn't apply, as I was employed, but now that I'm unemployed and looking, of course the jobs at that certain LTC facility are taken :-( Still looking in MI, though!

Matina

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 12:20 pm
nursses pay
As a nursing supervisor with 40 years experience, I made 52,000. I agree we don't make enough for what we do, but with the insurance companies acting like they are, its really hard to get raises. Also we are now working for corporations whose bottom line is income, not private hospitals who care about healthcare. As far as starting salary, when someone graduates from nursing school these days, they have little or no clinical experience and have to be taught. That does not make them capable of working independently, so I think the range between them and those of us with experience is justified.

KATKRAZY

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 08:09 am
NURSING PAY
I was wondering if other nurses could give me an idea of how much extra nurses get paid to do charge at their facilities.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/31/2024 at 07:31:07