Ask a Recruiter

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

curlysin

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 08:43 am
Re: hi rn recruiter
vivi314 wrote:
I am new in this forum
Living in Israel for 15 years. I am a RN for 5 years here.
Interesting to move to US with my husband and a cupple of twins.
Can you , please tell me about immigration through agency?
I have an offer from Onward Healthcare for 3 years in Miami.
I cant find direct hiring by myself to this area.
What can you say about this?
Thanks
vivi

hi there

ill certainly teel you what i know about it although that may not be much. im with o grady peyton at present they have however commenced direct placements like adevia another agency. basically what happens is the hospitals have began to come over to london to recruit and interview directly. when you sign a contract with the hospital which also means slightly more pay per hour your contract with the agency is camcelled. the direct contracts i think are longer 24 months. and they also try and give you incentives for joining there hospital. im waiting to receive further information myself . when i do i will put in on the thread for you.

want2rn

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 05:32 pm
I am considering going to either the University of Southern Nevada or Touro University in Henderson Nevada. Neither of these programs are accredited yet because they must first graduate a class and recieve their nclex results. I know touro university has applied for accreditation from the ccne and might be accredited by the spring of next year. What are the difficulties in finding a job having graduated from a school that is unaccredited. Do you have any advice about going to either of these two schools

Candace Rozzell

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 10:58 am
LPN openings in Seattle / Tacoma thereabouts region
Hello!

I am looking to permanently relocate to Washington State. I am an LPN. I have just purchased an online program for my RN.

I have a Washington nurses license. I come from Southern Oregon.

Any direction or info you might provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

[email protected]

RN Recruiter

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 11:02 am
Re: LPN openings in Seattle / Tacoma thereabouts region
Candace Rozzell wrote:
Hello!

I am looking to permanently relocate to Washington State. I am an LPN. I have just purchased an online program for my RN.

I have a Washington nurses license. I come from Southern Oregon.

Any direction or info you might provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

[email protected]

There is a shortage in Washington state, just like everywhere but Minnesota.

I have visited hospitals throughout the entire state of Washington. Seattle is a great place, but I encourage you to check out the smaller towns if you can handle being a few hours from the nearest Nordstrom.

Finding a job should be pretty simple, the trick is going to be finding a place where you will be personally and professionally happy.

If you are are a failure at finding personal/professional happiness, then the other usually follows quickly.

RN Recruiter

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 02:47 pm
want2rn wrote:
I am considering going to either the University of Southern Nevada or Touro University in Henderson Nevada. Neither of these programs are accredited yet because they must first graduate a class and recieve their nclex results. I know touro university has applied for accreditation from the ccne and might be accredited by the spring of next year. What are the difficulties in finding a job having graduated from a school that is unaccredited. Do you have any advice about going to either of these two schools

This is very important...DO NOT GO TO ANY NON-ACCREDITED SCHOOLS. If your school is not accredited, then chances are that there is no board of nursing that will ever issue you a license. Then all you will have is college loans, and a degree that means nothing.

The Recuiting Councilors will lie to to you to get you to enroll in their school, and say it is not a big deal...but I assure that it is a big deal.

Your future is on the line here. Unless you have the time and money to get your degree twice, I suggest you get a good degree the first time.

If you don't know who to believe, call the Board of Nursing in the State you eventually plan on working in, and ask them. They will tell you what schools they do and do not recogize.

want2rn

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 10:46 am
unaccredited school
Touro University has an evaluation scheluded with the ccne this fall and hopes to recieve accreditation by next spring. They are permitted by the state on Nevada to issue a BS in nursing and state that you can sit for the NCLEX. I know Nevada State College began a program that was unacredited and now has accreditation. With this info I was wondering if you still think it is a bad idea.

derrick41

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:04 pm
thanks in advance for your answers
what are some of your suggestions for a new grad to learn as much as possible as well as earn as much as possible...and in one of your replies you mention age discrimination ..at 46 ....might be 47 when i am fully license and working is that something i should be aware of...TY

msweezer

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 09:57 pm
Re: Ask a Recruiter
RN Recruiter wrote:
I am a nurse recruiter. I am not here to promote my business. Instead I am here to provide free career advice. If you have questions about any of the categories listed below let me know.

* How to find your dream job?
* Interview Tips
* How to get leverage when negotiating money?
* How to see past recruiter speak to know if an opportunity is good?
* Make sure you are asking all of the important questions before taking a job.
* What is a fair signing bonus/relocation bonus?
* Anything else you want to know.

Hello,
I would like to relocate to San Francisco, CA area. I am a recent grad - no experience.
Is there any feedback you can provide on landing a position? So far, it seems that in CA, many of the new grads are only hired for a training program which is run two or three times a year... as opposed to having orientation scheduled once a month as with many other hospitals. At this point, I am trying to understand how things work in Cali. I love the idea of a training program, but would like a job soon. Are there certain hospitals that may be better to work for than others? Can I expect help with relocating? Also, I am going to be doing an RN to BSN program and because of that I am interested in tuition reimbursement. As a recruiter, does it bother you when candidates ask about these things up front? Is there a certain way to go about it?
thanks very much for any assistance

RN Recruiter

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 10:37 am
Re: Ask a Recruiter
msweezer wrote:

Hello,
I would like to relocate to San Francisco, CA area. I am a recent grad - no experience.
Is there any feedback you can provide on landing a position? So far, it seems that in CA, many of the new grads are only hired for a training program which is run two or three times a year... as opposed to having orientation scheduled once a month as with many other hospitals. At this point, I am trying to understand how things work in Cali. I love the idea of a training program, but would like a job soon. Are there certain hospitals that may be better to work for than others? Can I expect help with relocating? Also, I am going to be doing an RN to BSN program and because of that I am interested in tuition reimbursement. As a recruiter, does it bother you when candidates ask about these things up front? Is there a certain way to go about it?
thanks very much for any assistance

Yes. There is a trick. Call directly into the units of the hospital that you want to work in, and try to speak with the manager. At most hospitals, when you send your resume in an HR person sits on your resume. Think of this person as the gate keeper. They don't know how to think outside of the box, and they are confined to the rules given to them.

In many instances the unit manager will have a pressing need, and they may be willing to deviate from their standard hiring proceedures to fill that need.

Make sure you don't do this if you have already submitted your resume to Human Resources. HR people get a little bent out of shape if you go around them, and they have already said no. If you haven't submitted your resume than you can call into the unit and play stupid, acting like you don't know who you should talk to about inquiring about a job.

Another thing you can do is what I call a referral interview. Call up the unit managers, and explain that you are a new graduate. Explain your situation, and ask if they have any suggestions or referrals for you to get you working sooner. In many cases, managers talk to other managers at other nearby facilities. You might find that the manager you are talking to knows someone who can help you.

The morale of this story is that you should always look at the human resources department as a last resort rather than the first place you send your resume. You can get in line like everyone else, but from my experience it never hurts to atleast pretend that you didn't see the line at first.

rascal

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:48 pm
hello. i am in process of building a resume (and finishing my pre-requisits) so when i finish my training, i will be able to share with the hiring person that i have had ....uhh.... some experiences that are noteworthy.
my RN training begins next year--in about 6-12 months. i have worked in a nursing home one year as a CNA.
my future is in working with children, in some form or fashion.
would it be smarter to stay where i am at to show longevity or would it look better if i could actually show different types of experiences.
There is a small town hospital in the same town where i live and work.
so, i could go there to expose myself to the local hospital setting.
thank you so much for your wisdom and help.
patty

Christina2007

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 04:34 pm
Hi, I a filipina who is about to graduate nursing school. What does a recruiting agency do? Can they sponser you? If you get an interview with a recruiter do they hire you. Or do you then have to interview with a hospital? Do the hospitals ever come to the philippines or do you interview on the phone?

eduard 1

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 07:44 pm
hi i'm looking for a RN recruiter that can help me for a job in California evry where, i'm a RN in italy (turin) and I allways work for nursing agency, becouse I earn better and I can work in different areas in the same time that is important for experince and for my life, to see more than the same patients and doctors in your unit it is better I think, or isn't?
best regards. [email protected]

roesseba

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 03:43 pm
I am looking for a recruiter. I am a nurse but not licensed right now. Anything I could do?? I did ICU/tele for the last 20 years. Please help?? Confused

graceRN

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 01:14 pm
Hi roesseba! I've been a traveler with Access Nurses for a few years now and I LOVE them. My recruiter is Vivien...she is so great. She's always up front with me about my assignments and doesn't give me the run around (like so many other companies do). If you want, you can email me and I can give you her info. My email address is [email protected]. I've really had the best experience as a travel nuurse, so any way I can help, just let me know.

candyrntoo

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 07:05 pm
Query for Nurse Recruiter
I appreciate your willingness to answer questions.
I see your post is a bit old, I am hoping you may still read this....
I want to be a traveler, worked for 20+ years then took 5 years off.

I can account for some per diem work through the last 2 years but realize I need recent clinical staff work or so it seems.
20+ years in Psychiatry, Med Surg Psychiatry/co occurring illnesses, and Addictions Nursing.
Any suggestions or must I return to clinical acute area before I can travel, interested in cross training even at this point in life to telemetry Nursing.
Thanks for any input from anyone

caringsue2

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 09:10 am
NEWEST ON DA BloCK
Hello,RN recruitor
I am currently a nurse in England and looking at the idea of doing a stint in the USA- Firstly the nice weather appeal to me as well. : I want to know if any one has any advice to give as well as how to achieve this status Question
How is the pay compare to UK Exclamation

nikkip

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 05:54 pm
help
Hello RN recruitor. I am hoping you can offer me some advice. I am currently an RN in an emergency department. I want to try something different. I want to do something outside of hospital nursing. I don't really know where to look. Is there a way to hire a recruiter to help me find a job I may like? Thanks for your time.
nikki

Yakk

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:54 pm
Nursing Employment Contract Questions
Hello everyone and thank you so much for viewing my question. I am a recent graduate from a great school and am interviewing for RN positions. I have received a few offers already but have a question that I am afraid to ask.

On each of the offers there is a 2 to 3 year contract involved. I am in a situation in which I may find it necessary to move within 1 1/2 to 2 years. Does anyone know the consequences this places to break such contracts? Also, will breaking one of these contracts impact me in my career as a Nurse?

I am very afraid to take the 3 year contract because I am nearly positive I will need to relocate out of state within that time frame. The reason is that my husband's work may require this. Could someone please inform me of the things below:

1. What are the usual consequences.

2. Would breaking contract impact future job searches and career advancements?

3. Can these commitment levels be negotiated by first year RNs?

Thank you again and hope to get some advice. God bless.

vjackson85

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 06:52 pm
can a nurse help me out please??
hit my name is vicky and i'm a college student and for my english class i have to interview a nurse to write my essey about why i want to go into nursing. Would any nurse be interested in helping me out. i would really appreciate it. Thank you

shorehealthy

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 06:38 am
Thanks for your help Smile I have a few questions ...
Thanks for your help. Smile
I'm seriously considering a job in nursing, but am curious about a few things.
Is it harder to get hired in a hospital or in a private practice?
Are most of the nurses in private practices LPNs or RNs ?
Is there a difference in pay generally for nurses in hospital setting vs. private practice?
Is a "lactation consultant" a lucrative job? Are they (lactation consultants) rns or lpns or can they be neither?
The only certified midwives are RN midwives right?
What are some nursing specialties that have higher pay? , I'm not overly money hungry but I hate to worry about bills.
Are there any hospital technicians (i.e. MRI) that make comparable salaries to RNs? (I think? I'd like a job in the medical field but am open to other non-nursing? options)
Do nurses have a strong union?

Thanks SO much for any help I like to be really informed before I make a big decision like this. Thanks! Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 12:09:40