Going back to the FI as a spy undercover

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Cookie 2

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 03:23 pm
I agree with BE

you know, if people met some of us who say we are messed up, it's not like they'd see someone picking at their hair, or looking very traumatised or talking to themself, or anything that gives any indication of what we've been thru at all. It's not every day i feel wretched. i i generally have come to a good place in my life where i have genuine love and hope in my life and where i feel a lot better and can block out a lot of what haunts me. of course, i do have bad days too, and some really bad days. i don't chose to be depressed or angry when i am. sometimes it just all hits me. it really is something i can't controll completely.

JASONLANIK

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:13 pm
to cookie
Cookie wrote:
I agree with BE

you know, if people met some of us who say we are messed up, it's not like they'd see someone picking at their hair, or looking very traumatised or talking to themself, or anything that gives any indication of what we've been thru at all. It's not every day i feel wretched. i i generally have come to a good place in my life where i have genuine love and hope in my life and where i feel a lot better and can block out a lot of what haunts me. of course, i do have bad days too, and some really bad days. i don't chose to be depressed or angry when i am. sometimes it just all hits me. it really is something i can't controll completely.

Well said cookie! I couldn't agree more.
After dealing with it for 20 years I have found that TIME is the best healer and only through TIME will we all start to see clearer and clearer.
When I first left the FI I just wanted to explore and get familiar with my new world and forget about where I had come from. It(my haunting past) was kept deep inside and hardly discussed or talked about for the first 10 years or so. I personally did not want to even think about my past simply because it was so overwhelming that It would take me a few days at best just to get it off my mind again. I was very selective with whome I did tell about my past though because the majority were simply in disbelief. The one thing that really upsets me the most is when people write off our expieriences as fabrication or simply false. The "DENILE" by some and the sheer ignorance of others who THINK they know what they are talking about. Mad

Anonymous

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 09:25 am
The things that Family survivors have been through is difficult for a lot of people to believe, because (as you say) they are in denial about just how bad some children have it when growing up. In TFI's case, it's particularly odious because whatever occurred, it was done in "love" and for "God." So, even if "mistakes were made" by a few "misguided" disciples, it couldn't have really been so aweful, could it?

There is one group of people who are likely to believe what second generation cult survivors have to say regardless of how far-out the story may seem. I'm a social worker by profession, and I have seen and heard all kinds horror stories over the years from kids and adults trying to recover from the experience, long before I discovered this site or MovingOn. When I compare what I read from SGAs to what I know from years of working with abused kids NOT raised in TFI, the stories ring absolutely true to me. The SGAs stories are consistent, and there's ample corroboration in the form of MLs and other documents (the testimony give to Justice Ward, for example). That's one reason why this site is so important--the documentation is priceless.

JASONLANIK

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 12:56 am
to "BE"
BE wrote:
The things that Family survivors have been through is difficult for a lot of people to believe, because (as you say) they are in denial about just how bad some children have it when growing up. In TFI's case, it's particularly odious because whatever occurred, it was done in "love" and for "God." So, even if "mistakes were made" by a few "misguided" disciples, it couldn't have really been so aweful, could it?

There is one group of people who are likely to believe what second generation cult survivors have to say regardless of how far-out the story may seem. I'm a social worker by profession, and I have seen and heard all kinds horror stories over the years from kids and adults trying to recover from the experience, long before I discovered this site or MovingOn. When I compare what I read from SGAs to what I know from years of working with abused kids NOT raised in TFI, the stories ring absolutely true to me. The SGAs stories are consistent, and there's ample corroboration in the form of MLs and other documents (the testimony give to Justice Ward, for example). That's one reason why this site is so important--the documentation is priceless.

Thanks for the support"BE". I personally commend you for taking the time to post on this site because I also believe in the value of documentation.
I find it true to be mostly "denile" and or not wanting to discuss the FI at all coming from alot of older ex members and parents of 2nd generation members . That is what I had to accept with both of my parents who were also in the FI(now out).
Although it's against my beliefs I have personally accepted thoes terms and have managed to forgive and forget and get on with life and not let the past interfere with my relationship with them now. I do not hold anything against her personally for what happened in the FI and I actually feel sorry for her now more than anything.
Anyway , thanks for your input.

Cookie 2

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 04:07 pm
my parent who's out of the family also doesn't ever want to discuss anything about the family or the past, even with me, saying it's too painful when thinking about us kids, and would just like to put it all in the past, but i imagine that's because that parent wants to put away the responsibility and embarasment that comes along with what they did in the family. By the way, i too love my parent to death, and have absolutely no problems with them, except a big issue with the one still in.

Cookie 2

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 04:07 pm
*parents

Eye4eye

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:36 am
i also did this home schooling when i was in there accept for me it was called ACE i have no idea what it stands for all of us children where made to study these text books the problem is i never realy learned anything from them the younger years are ment to be the years where you absorb information easyer well i can tell you it really stuffed me up when i got out of the familly i started year 9 high school with the education of id say about a year 3 or 4 primary student i couldnt read properly or write i could count ok but i could not do any mutilpcation exept my 5x tables becuase i told told how to read the time it was embarassing starting high school like that in a public school i consanlty got told i was dumb and stupid and always made to stay back after class to catch up on things i could not do i think the lack of education was 1 of the cruelest things they could do as you can see with hard work iv gotn my basic education but even now you will see how bad my spelling is

JASONLANIK

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 08:44 pm
Re: .reply to "Eye4eye"
Eye4eye wrote:
i also did this home schooling when i was in there accept for me it was called ACE i have no idea what it stands for all of us children where made to study these text books the problem is i never realy learned anything from them the younger years are ment to be the years where you absorb information easyer well i can tell you it really stuffed me up when i got out of the familly i started year 9 high school with the education of id say about a year 3 or 4 primary student i couldnt read properly or write i could count ok but i could not do any mutilpcation exept my 5x tables becuase i told told how to read the time it was embarassing starting high school like that in a public school i consanlty got told i was dumb and stupid and always made to stay back after class to catch up on things i could not do i think the lack of education was 1 of the cruelest things they could do as you can see with hard work iv gotn my basic education but even now you will see how bad my spelling is

Yes I agree with you on that downright cruelty to us by keeping us back from education. The sad fact is that alot of the parents in the FI did not even realize the harm they were doing to their own children by holding them back from education.

Marek0001

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 06:16 pm
Re: Going back to the FI as a spy undercover
I was never in TFI or Children of God, but I know what you are talking about. For children, even teenagers, that experience abuse...whether it be mental or physical...it like a nightmare they relive. I know people that don't know abuse personally don't usually know the impact it has. I really never suffered physical abuse, but mental abuse I did to some degree. However, my youngest sister did experience sexual abuse, not related to anything TFI. I've seen how she has problems dealing with her emotions and acts out on her anger.

My point is I think limiting education is abuse. I think controlling what education is given to the children and teenagers is close to mind control. Some people may not agree, but whats the point of limiting education? To make sure people don't ask questions and follow blindly. I've noticed that if you're part of a religious that doesn't like people asking questions or promoting education...that religious group is crap. Sorry if that offended anyone, but why should someone be punished for asking a question or learning. It's not right.

Well I hope I haven't caused anyone to get pissed off or tried of me writing. I just recently found out about TFI about a couple of weeks ago. For some reason after watching Ricky's video...really got me looking into everything I could. I am considered about the leader still...Karen wasn't exactly mother of the year and she wasn't punished for what she did. Just makes me wonder what could still be going on. I know...people say that don't and they maybe right. Just a little shady is all.

Cookie 2

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:49 am
Marek0001 wrote:
I think limiting education is abuse. I think controlling what education is given to the children and teenagers is close to mind control. Some people may not agree, but whats the point of limiting education? To make sure people don't ask questions and follow blindly. I've noticed that if you're part of a religious that doesn't like people asking questions or promoting education...that religious group is crap.

I must say, I wholeheartedly agree.

how can one make an educated decision without education?!

Thorwald 1

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:04 pm
I heard that they now allow full members (what's the acronym these days?) to send their children to public schools to whatever grade they wish. Does anyone know if this is true? I think I even heard about a girl (full member) who was taking college classes.

Arssle

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 01:32 pm
Yes. Apparently the "inner circle" (known as "FD" members or "family disciples". These constitute the full-time memers,the "elite" if you will. There is also a sort of middle ground now between FD and FM which is the MM circle.) of family membership is allowed to send their kids to school. TFI appears to be undergoing a sort of transformation regarding the education of it's children.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 06:35 pm
yes my neighbors are in TFI and they enrolled their 4 older kids in the local school. But they still do not have jobs and they go beg for rent money and everything else. Currently there are 8 kids and 7+ adults in the house. it bugs the heck out of us. currently the neighborhood has enlisted the authorities to help stop them from defrauding our community.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:39:10