Moral Relativism

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Philosophy 101
  3. » Moral Relativism

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 09:06 pm
In Ancient Rome, infanticide was a commonly accepted practice (the killing of an "undesirable" newborn child). In the United States today, infanticide is widely considered to be morally wrong. If moral relativism is true, then there's no objective truth of the matter about whether infanticide is wrong - infanticide was okay for the early Romans, but it's not okay today in the U.S.: both cultures' moral judgments are correct. Does this sound right to you, that the morality of infanticide is relative to culture? Or do you believe that there is an objectively right answer to whether or not infanticide is okay? Why or why not?

fogelmanmeal0110

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2017 02:40 am
@cmlala17,
I think its should be moral and not cultural.
The killing of one human is killing of all human-being and humanity.

What this little angle took from you? Why you conceived it? Why you are going to kill it? Who allow you? do you have any sense? If you don't like your subling, please handover this little angle to any couple trusty for childern and they not able to conceive.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

honesttravel1

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 04:18 am
@fogelmanmeal0110,
lol, That is good.

Mrknowspeople

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2022 02:50 am
@cmlala17,
I think the reasoning for abortion today is mostly different than before. I could see poeple getting pregnant on accident, catching it early and deciding or religious reasons to abort it as God lost his child on the cross. That would be a personal decision and I could only speculate what it would do for a person however I could see it getting considered but then I could see a question asking what about man??

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Philosophy 101
  3. » Moral Relativism
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 02:22:45