A fascinating work of metaphysics

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Young Philosophers Forum
  3. » A fascinating work of metaphysics

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 01:13 pm
I recently stumbled upon this work, and got drawn in after skimming it for a bit. I'm really glad I did- I'm absolutely blown away by the vision of reality outlined therein, it has changed my life enormously. I've always been interested in the question of why the Universe exists, what it means for things to exist (that is, what the fundamental basis of reality is), and how consciousness arises and plays a role in the Universe. This book gives an unbelievably lucid exploration of these topics, in a very straightforward and refreshing style; I've never read a philosophy work that covers so much ground so breezily. Take a look:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/87848420/The-Fates-Unwind-Infinity

rgreendale

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 09:40 pm
@rgreendale,
Has anyone had a chance to take a look? I think that if you can read through to the end of chapter 4, you'll begin to see what I'm talking about.

solanina172

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 07:31 pm
@rgreendale,
I am just starting to read this and thank you for the link. I'll discuss it with you after I get into more if you like?

rgreendale

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 10:52 pm
@solanina172,
Please do, I'd be very interested to hear what you think.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Young Philosophers Forum
  3. » A fascinating work of metaphysics
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:36:34