1993: Shucks, I Must Have Missed The Second Coming

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » 1993: Shucks, I Must Have Missed The Second Coming

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Piram

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:29 pm
1993: Shucks, I Must Have Missed The Second Coming
What ever happened to the return of Jesus Christ in 1993? Did I miss it? After all, I kept hearing that prophecy over and over and over again when I was in TF in the 70s: "The Last Seven Years" I even remember a song we sang about it at TSC to the tune of "Sittin´On The Dock Of The Bay". Anyway, those of you that witnessed it, if you don´t mind, please tell me about it. Well, the Spirit moves in mysterious ways, doesn´t it? I guess God decided to make a few last-minute changes, and I wasn´t paying attention. Yeah, I know, D.B. finally covered his backside by saying that he never said Jesus was coming back in 1993 -- he just allowed that to be spread throughout the movement for years, with charts, etc., in full knowledge that it was being said, and remaining silent about it for years.
And now I think I can almost hear the distant proverbial voice of the "older brother/sister" from the past saying, "MmmmBrother, did you PRAY about that? Are you sure you weren´t -- `in the flesh´? God is not mocked!"
I would add another verse to that one: Human beings should not be mocked, despised, and deceived -- and learn to not let themselves be mocked, despised, and deceived.

Have a nice day, former "older brothers and sisters". :wink:

evanman

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 07:42 am
Oh Piram,

yes, we missed the "second coming". And now we are all in hell on earth!

Only Kidding!! :wink:

Piram

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 08:56 am
The country I live in, Spain, is the only one I know of that named a street after the band that did "Highway To Hell": AC-DC. I´ll have to visit AC-DC street one of these days -- they say it´s in a village called Leganés: http://www.ac-dc.galeon.com/leganes.html Come to think of it, didn´t that come out some time around "The Beginning of The Week"? -- Shocked

You know, I always kinda liked that old poem, "Gunga Din": "´he´ll be sittín´on the coals, givin´drinks to poor damned souls, and I´ll get a swig in `ell, from Gunga Din..."

I wonder if Gunga Din will serve malt whiskey in `ell? Although I´d settle for a cold beer... :wink:

evanman

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 09:34 am
Gunga Din was a Char-wallah! A Tea-Boy. Only thing you'd get off him would have been a nice cuppa! (Tea to you colonials).

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » 1993: Shucks, I Must Have Missed The Second Coming
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:51:55