The Family's "August" prophecy

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » The Family's "August" prophecy

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 03:14 am
The Family's "August" prophecy
Does anyone have any more info about this?

http://www.movingon.org/article.asp?sID=8&Cat=12&ID=3705#50689

from Nick
Monday, July 17, 2006 - 07:22
(Agree/Disagree?)
Did any of you guys here about some new prophesy that the family got lately?

Apparently something "huge" is supposed to happen in August. They have no idea what it will be or when it will be but they are all being told to be prepared for something earth shattering.

My guess is that they will take whatever major problem that is happening in the world at that time and say "I told you so" and off course all the brainless little followers will blindly agree that this was some divine prophesy that has been fulfilled.

From Aita
Thursday, July 20, 2006, 12:17
(Agree/Disagree?)

I just visited a Fam home a couple of days ago to say goodbye to a friend who is leaving for another country. When I got there I saw a number of boxes piled in the living room floor full of canned goods (damaged) and other jar/can types. I asked my friend what was going on and she said that due to a prophecy they were storing as much "provisioned" goods as they could to prepare. She said that there were no details in the prophecy but it did say that it might be something worldwide and that "the streets won't be safe".

Whatever...... I agree with you, Nick, they'll take whatever happens and say that was it. Or else they'll come out with another prophecy saying that God decided to spare the world a little longer for witnessing, blah, blah..... (reply to this comment)

evanman

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 11:28 am
Reminds me of something we were told was going to happen in Portugal. I was in the Azores at the time and we bought lots of provisions.

Needless to say we didn't need to have wasted our money!

Will it be another Kohoutek?

Piram

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 01:55 pm
I don´t know about comets and whatnot, but I do know that the situation in Lebanon is getting very nasty, and what´s happening there and in Gaza, etc. is bound to have very significant repercussions for the world. Beyond that, I can theorize, but I don´t really know to what extent the world and specifically, the USA, would be affected. But, although I don´t like to seem pessimistic, the present situation doesn´t look business-as-usual to me. Things look very nasty, and with good probabilities of getting nastier in the coming days and weeks. If Iran gets involved in this, they can get extremely nasty. What Iraq was when American forces last invaded it is practically nothing in comparison to the formidable military might of Iran.

Thorwald 1

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:24 pm
It is true that they are stocking up on food, water, etc. Some of them (whom I am in contact with) are all very freaked out over this. Crazy people.

Has anyone heard that they are also predicting Jesus will return in 2012? I heard this prediction is actually based on astrology.

They were also all freaked out over 6. June 2006 (read: 6-6-6). They were actually in the streets trying to warn people about the Antichrist on this date.

Peter Frouman

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 10:55 pm
Thorwald wrote:

Has anyone heard that they are also predicting Jesus will return in 2012? I heard this prediction is actually based on astrology.

I haven't heard anything specific about that prediction, but there are many predictions for the year 2012.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 12:28 am
Peter Frouman wrote:
I haven't heard anything specific about that prediction, but there are many predictions for the year 2012.

My wife asked a current member about this prophecy the other day, and he told here he hadn't heard anything about it.

My guess is that this apocalyptic hope stems from interpretations of the Mayan Calander or possibly even the Novelty Theory.

These predictions by conspiracy theorists looking for validation of their beliefs appears to be an epiphenomenon of The Family.

As for the other prophecies (regarding 2006) the current member told my wife that a few people in Zerby's home had had premonitions that something would happen in the US sometime between August and the end of 2006. Nothing concerete, though. Just vague warnings.

I'm certain The Family will either latch on to a coincidental event and claim that that was it, or, in the lack of such an event, claim that Jesus changed his mind.

evanman

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 04:48 am
Something always happens to US.

Oklahoma bombings, 9/11, Columbine, Dahlmer, Patriot act, tensions are always there under the surface--like a volcano they always explode into riots, natural disasters that could have been prevented such as New Orleans (The flooding, not the hurricane). A number of towns are built at the foot of dormant volcanoes--(Dante's peak scenarios), San Andreas Fault--you name it.

These things are bound to happen in US eventually. If something does happen during the autumn (fall) they will say--"God told us"! If not they will say, "It was because we prayed and God was merciful to the world!"

Got all bases covered.

news snoop

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 04:58 am
Don Lattin's book against The Family
What do you think, could the BIG BAD incident be the up and coming new book written by Don Lattin? The Family FEARS bad publicity even more than their sick made-up demons.

Does anyone know when it's coming out? Is it this year?

Don Lattin is an Author and Religion writer for the San Francisco Chronicle,
He is currently on leave from the Chronicle and writing a book on Ricky Rodriguez and The Family.

http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Don_Lattin

Peter Frouman

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 12:58 pm
Re: Don Lattin's book against The Family
news snoop wrote:
What do you think, could the BIG BAD incident be the up and coming new book written by Don Lattin? The Family FEARS bad publicity even more than their sick made-up demons.

Does anyone know when it's coming out? Is it this year?

I don't know when it's coming out but if you go to Lattin's page on the HarperCollins site, you can sign up for "AuthorTracker" email updates and be notified when the book comes out.

Paladin Of The Faith

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 10:32 pm
Jubilee Year happens in 2011
I think Jesus will return in a "Jubilee Year"...
Hello All...In my study of the Bible I have encountered an interesting question...if the Claendar Feast Dates outlined in the Torah were accurately mapped out then one has to consider the possibility of Christ returning when they are ultimately fulfilled. The Jubilee Year happens every 7 years according to the prophecy of Daniel...(70 x 7). My calculations puts it around 2011. As bad as things may seem in the world, we are told in Mathew 27 to go to the rooftops and not return. I think this refers to end-time prohecy of Christ reigning judgment down on the false church preoccupied with worshipping Satan as the Anti-Christ...the true believers are commanded to come out before God destroys it. What in practical terms does this mean...leave the church and enter into God's supernatural "Ark" of Salvation.
Paladin

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 11:19 pm
Paladin_Of_The_Faith wrote:
My calculations puts it around 2011.

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (Matthew 24:36)

Piram

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 11:57 pm
evanman wrote:
Something always happens to US.

Oklahoma bombings, 9/11, Columbine, Dahlmer, Patriot act, tensions are always there under the surface--like a volcano they always explode into riots, natural disasters that could have been prevented such as New Orleans (The flooding, not the hurricane). A number of towns are built at the foot of dormant volcanoes--(Dante's peak scenarios), San Andreas Fault--you name it.

These things are bound to happen in US eventually. If something does happen during the autumn (fall) they will say--"God told us"! If not they will say, "It was because we prayed and God was merciful to the world!"

Got all bases covered.

Precisely.

Kailen

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:31 am
The 4 watchers in the same place, if you've heard of them, is what is due to happen.

evanman

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 02:41 am
Kailen wrote:
The 4 watchers in the same place, if you've heard of them, is what is due to happen.

????????????? Confused

Anonymous

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 10:03 pm
I'm not sure if it was a prophecy or not. I think someone in WS decided to actually read some news, perhaps from an alternative source, and got a "prophecy." Funny thing is, most people can do that: watch a kid ride his bike recklessly down and hill and "prophesy" that something bad *might* happen to the child.

That kind of prediction pales when you compare it to Samuel telling Saul what would happen to him.

I will say that having a cache of supplies is not a bad thing. Though, it's maintenance must be consistent for it to be effective.

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » The Family's "August" prophecy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:41:14