How do you rescue a whole family?

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » How do you rescue a whole family?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:12 am
How do you rescue a whole family?
My sister joined this cult in 1985. She has 7 children. She lives in Delhi. Is it possible for her and her whole family to be rescued from this cult or is it too late?

Anonymous

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 06:14 am
There are ways to help your sister and her family, but you'll have to determine whether she wants to be "rescued." She may not see her situation quite the way that you do right now. She might welcome the opportunity to bring her children home for a visit. Once home, she might start to think about reasons to stay, particularly if she is exposed to alternative social realities that allow her to consider other options that returning to India.

concerned relative

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 01:41 am
Sister and family in COG
My sister and I are Indians. I live in Mumbai on the West Coast of India and she lives in Delhi which is the capital city of India.

I think she belongs to the upper echelons in the group (what they call elders). They are the privileged ones in the group who have much more freedom than the rest of the newer recruits in the "Family". They live like parasites using the saccharine sweetness of the young ones in their family to charm and lure people who are totally ignorant of their pernicious ethics. They somehow get people to spend lavishly on them or make very generous donations. Their “religionâ€

Anonymous

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:33 am
Your sister sounds like a bit of a lost soul, at least as you describe her. Are you familiar with the psychological concept of sociopathy? Such individuals basically lack empathy, so their conscience does not operate like you might expect in a "normal" person.

If she's a "leader" of some sort, there are two things that come to mind. First, because she's a native Indian, she is needed to provide a legal cover for the foreign, western leader(s) who have elevated her. Second, she no doubt has slept her way to the top and has little compunction about having pursued the career of a courtesan. (I'm guessing that the same man did not father all seven children.) In general, the higher up a person goes in the hierarchy, the greater the degree of sexual deviance.

If I were in your position, I'd focus my energies and attention on the seven children. They they may very well want to leave the group as they mature. It doesn't hurt to expose them to as much of their extended biological family as possible. Helping them doesn't have to be a financial burden. It can be something as simple as giving the older ones a phone number and address of someone they can contact.

concerned relative

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:47 am
Sister and family in COG
No, you're mistaken about my sister. All 7 children are of the same man. That is unmistable because they all resemble their dad, who is a Punjabi ex-Hindu man, rather than my sister. I met my sister and her family for the first time last week after 20 years. Her first child was a new born babe when I first saw him. She has not slept her way to leadership. I believe she is enjoying that privilege because she "married" into it. Her first lawful husband was unfaithful to her. He too has married someone in the States and she met this Punjabi man and has 7 children from him. She was always the faithful type.

To tell you the truth, after meeting them last week, which is after I started this topic, I'm no longer interested in "rescuing" them. Rescuing them would be akin to trying to rescue David Berg. They are COG through and through.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 10:37 am
Glad to hear that all your sister's offspring all have the same father. That is is good for their well-being in the long run. Some day a few of those seven children may want to leave TFI. That's the time when you may be of some help. Right now they may be singing the party line, but as they mature, that could easily change.

concerned relative

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 12:13 am
Sister and family in COG
Dear BE,

I really appreciate your sharing my concern for these misguided family members of mine. Probably you've had a brush with the COG yourself! According to my brother, my sister's second son is the black sheep of the family who is not in step with the others. If any one of them makes the first foray out of the cult it will be him. Of course I will open my home and my heart to any of them genuinely wanting to escape but I'm not willing to be their dupe.

Thank you dear brother or sister for sharing your views and encouraging me. I truly appreciate it.

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » How do you rescue a whole family?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 03:25:15