Information needed re child custody and abduction cases
I am currently collecting information in preparation for a series of articles I plan to write for xFamily.org regarding the issues of child custody, child abduction, marriage, marital separation and divorce. An important part of this is documenting the experiences of current and former members and the Family's practices and policies regarding such issues.
I have compiled a list of 10 child abduction cases at Category:Child Abduction
However, I believe there are many more such cases out there and would like to hear from those involved. However, to include cases I do need verifiable information and documents such as names, biographic data, court records, press reports, correspondence, etc. I realize many of those involved in such cases will want to protect their privacy and/or the privacy of their children by not having certain identifying information published online. Thus, I am willing to make agreements to protect confidentiality and privacy. The most important thing to me is getting the facts out there and not neccesarily listing the names and identifying information of every person involved in every case. Thus, while such information is needed to verify the facts, it doesn't neccesarily need to be published online. However, before providing *any* information which you would like to be kept confidential, please let me know your confidentiality requirements and make sure I agree to them. This should hopefully prevent any confusion or misunderstandings.
I would like information from anyone to whom any one or more of the following circumstances apply:
1. child custody dispute between ex-member and current (then or now) member
2. child abduction before or after a custody order by a custodial parent with lawful physical custody, a non-custodial parent with rights to access, a non-custodial parent with no rights to access, any other person with no rights to custody or access.
3. marital separation in the COG/TF
4. child abuse during period of abduction/separation
5. adoption proceedings involving members (then or now) of COG/TF
I am also seeking information about marriage, separation and divorce practices in the COG/TF
1. If you were married in the COG/TF, was the marriage legally registered?
2. If you were separated from you spouse in the COG/TF, did you get a legal divorce? (I have heard of a few cases where parents with children separated and did not get legally divorced in some cases for many, many years. I am also aware of cases where couples who were legally married separated, did not get divorced and then married someone else in another country).
I would also be interested in hearing about cases regarding child custody disputes between ex-members and current members (then or now) which were amicably resolved with all parties fully complying with custody orders and agreements. I am not aware of any such cases but surely there must be some.
If you have any information to provide, please write me at [email protected]
If you prefer, you may also send information to editors AT xfamily.org. If you have general information, questions, comments, references to relevant Family publications, etc. you can post them here.