Queen Rachel article

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » Queen Rachel article

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 06:41 am
Queen Rachel article
Her full name is Barbara Kaliher Canevaro: This is her system name documented in a Christianity Today article from 1980. The article mispelled "Canevaro" as "Cancaro"....but the maiden name--Kaliher--is important.

The article can also link to the chapter in the Deborah Davis' book where she describes the wedding and events in TFI going on at the time.

I'm sure there are some old MLs that reference Rachel. If you're interested, I'll post a list on this thread.

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:02 am
Thank you! Yes. Please post, when you can, anything related to her. It would be interesting to know more about the "coronation" event. Is she still married to the Duke?

Helga 1

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:10 am
Helga
I did not know her personally, but I always heard that she and Carmel (of Joel Wordsworth) were sisters. Also, she was married to Samson Warner for a time, and they had a son named Joseph before they split up.

There's a "testimony" in one of the old FSMs about some Family members meeting her long after she left, and they reported that she was an antique book dealer and divorced from the Duke.

These should all be checked out though; it's just what I heard.

Peter Frouman

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 02:15 pm
Does anyone know when and where she joined the Family and at what age? The Time magazine story from August 1977 says she was 23 then and joined in 1968 which would have made her about 14 when she joined. Can anyone confirm that? I find it amazing that somehow they got away with having a 14 year old join and then have a child at age 16.

There is some confirmation on her sister being Carmel:
OUR LOVE STORY! DFO 1358 Switzerland, 1/4/78 wrote:

109. AND THEN I HEARD THEY WERE PREPARING A CASE AGAINST ME! They called Rachel, Carmel & their parents into the District County Attorney's office & asked them all kinds of questions, doing everything they could to compile evidence that we were contributing to juvenile delinquency, etc., because some of the kids had been playing hooky from school to come to the Club in the afternoon. It wasn't my fault, I wasn't even there, but they were going to blame that on me & anything else they could dig up.
DFO 1358

Anneke posted at NewDayNews that she saw Barbara/Rachel in Italy earlier this year so she may have more information.
http://www.newdaynews.com/openhouse/index.cgi/noframes/read/5631
http://www.newdaynews.com/openhouse/index.cgi/noframes/read/6012

Anonymous

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:04 am
Rachel's Coronation
I was in COG at the time of Deborah's coronation and Rachel's wedding to Emmanuel. As far as I can tell, Rachel's coronoation would have had to occur after her wedding (1971-72) and during Deborah's fall from grace (1973-78 ). There is an ML that describes Deborah's ceremony. I'm not aware of an ML describing Rachel's.

evanman

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:54 pm
Bringing back memories.

I was at the factory in bromley when Hosea read the typed copy of "Bell, Book and Candle!", basically ordering him to marry her "or else"!

Acheick

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:56 am
Rachel was 14
I always heard that she joined at 14. There were a lot of teenagers that joined in those days. Somehow, the parental control was in jeapordy during those wild days of hippiedom and rebellion of the youth. And yes, Carmel is her sister. I believe they joined together. As far as I know she is still married to Emmanuel, but if I remember correctly, they may have been separated for a time. Anneke knows the whole story.

I saw Rachel in Rio after Berg had sent her to see Deborah and set her straight. It was right after that that both Deborah and Rachel left TF. Apparently, when they got together it had the opposite affect that Berg had envisioned. Some prophet he was.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:12 am
Re: Rachel's Coronation
BE wrote:
I was in COG at the time of Deborah's coronation and Rachel's wedding to Emmanuel. As far as I can tell, Rachel's coronoation would have had to occur after her wedding (1971-72) and during Deborah's fall from grace (1973-78 ). There is an ML that describes Deborah's ceremony. I'm not aware of an ML describing Rachel's.
Quote:
I was there in London at the time and all that was talked about was if Rachel maried the Duke we would have a place (some land) to stay on. The tipical, what good will it do for us. Rachel was being used to gain possesions.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 12:01 pm
Deborah's Coronation
I was in Stockholm when the ML about 'Deborah's Coronation' was arrived in the post a few days after the event. Mother Eve, Stephen David, Aaron and Shulamite were all visiting our colony at the time, and it was a complete surprise to them all to learn about it through the ML. That surprised me that they weren't in the loop.

I remember Aaron saying outloud several times, "She must have a lot of faith, she must have a lot of faith!"

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » Queen Rachel article
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:53:36