Picky-ass detail re: Agentina article

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » Picky-ass detail re: Agentina article

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 09:21 am
Picky-ass detail re: Agentina article
In the history of Family in Argentina section, you've cited two source documents that were published 9 months apart in the same year:

Source: Family News, Vol. 2, No. 1, D.O., Feb. 1978. pg. 6

Source: Family News, Vol. 7, No. 2, D.O., Nov. 1978. pg. 5.

Problem: Vol. 2 should reference a document published 5 years earlier than Vol. 7. Either the original documents are screwed-up in their volume numbering, or you've made a typo. Both documents should have the same volume number or be no more than one volume number apart (e.g., Vol. 6 & Vol. 7), depending on when the publication year began & ended. I think publication of Family News began in 1971, btw.

Peter Frouman

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 11:53 am
Re: Picky-ass detail re: Agentina article
BE wrote:
In the history of Family in Argentina section, you've cited two source documents that were published 9 months apart in the same year:

Source: Family News, Vol. 2, No. 1, D.O., Feb. 1978. pg. 6

Source: Family News, Vol. 7, No. 2, D.O., Nov. 1978. pg. 5.

Problem: Vol. 2 should reference a document published 5 years earlier than Vol. 7. Either the original documents are screwed-up in their volume numbering, or you've made a typo. Both documents should have the same volume number or be no more than one volume number apart (e.g., Vol. 6 & Vol. 7), depending on when the publication year began & ended. I think publication of Family News began in 1971, btw.

I thought that was odd too. But those are are the volume numbers listed. I have a small incomplete stack of these and one of the first is Vol. 1, No. 3 which is dated January 1978. I plan to scan and post them all eventually. There are several different volume numbers for 1978 and by March 1979, they are up to Vol. 11. I don't know exactly how many issues are in each volume because my collection is not complete and I don't have an index. It seems they were published as often as once a week but none of them have exact dates except for the copyright month and year. And occasionally a date is referenced in the articles contained in them. I have found a few which don't have any dates at all.

Note the actual title of Vol. 1, No. 4 is THE FAMILY (enclosed in two hearts) NEWS OF, BY AND FOR OUR WORLDWIDE FAMILY OF LOVE. The next one is titled THE FAMILY OF LOVE! (enclosed in two hearts), NEWS BY YOU! and the second ones have the same title. These were edited by David and Mary Lou Hiebert aka the Zs. You are correct in that there were prior publications called Family News perhaps starting in 1971. Maybe I should call these Family of Love News to differentiate them from the earlier ones.

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » Picky-ass detail re: Agentina article
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:53:40