another phrase for the glossary

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » another phrase for the glossary

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:20 am
another phrase for the glossary
I saw you have "sucking" in the spirit... but there is also "sucked in"... as in: watch out that you don't get sucked in (to the system or to some worldly attraction)

Jack 2

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 11:20 am
what about "Tune in?" is that TF exclusive?

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 11:29 am
No. "Turn on, tune in, drop out" was a phrase coined by Dr. Timothy Leary (October 22, 1920 - May 31, 1996). Yes. THE Timothy Leary of drug fame in the early 70s.

Dr. Timothy Leary wrote:
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in... and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in... it's a rhythm... most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences... turn on, tune in, drop out... period, end of paragraph. Turn the page... it's all a rhythm... it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going... the nervous system works that way... gotta keep it flowing, keep it flowing..."

Sound like any of Berg's rantings?

Jack 2

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 11:31 am
Awww! You asshole! Now you done compared the good Dr. Leary with Berg. I'm gonna call on Paula Ortiz to defend him!

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 11:58 am
LOL! Well, it is just all gossip.

Craven de Kere 1

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:51 pm
Some terms that are not particular to The Family's lexicon should probably be included in the glossary if The Family used it at an inordinate rate.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:32 pm
Do you have 'sharing' 'have a date' "love-up' and 'spend some time together'? These all refer to an hour or so of sex.
How about Word Date, the same thing.
'Press in'--for speeding up whatever you were doing.

Craven de Kere 1

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 08:18 pm
You can always check the glossary here: http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Glossary

That way you'll know what we do or do not have.

I added a link to "word date" (no article yet) but the rest were there. Thanks for the contributions.

news snoop

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 02:19 am
How about...
How about take a "rinse off"? When Berg moved to the tropics, and we started having swimming pools, we used them for "rinsing off" before coming in the house. It wasn't just using water, as taking a "dip", but he instructed us to use soap. He said that the chlorine in the water would be enough to keep it sanitary. Confused
Also, "inside clothes", & "system clothes".

Oh yes, "pray a cleansing prayer" before coming inside. Because of "hitchhiking spirits"(already in the glossary) we had to bathe ourselves in a cleansing prayer.

Or how about "call-in"... we had to call in to the home before coming back to see if it was alright... in the times of "persecution" we needed to check -in to see if the Romans were there or not. Rolling Eyes

During intense media campaigns, we couldn't drive directly home, but we had to go in a round-about way to "lose the enemy" in case they were following us.
Even when coming home from FFing, we wouldn't let the taxis drive us to the front door, we had them drop us off down the street from the home... even in the middle of night!!!! My god, how dumb!

Jack 2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 12:31 pm
Do any of you other ex-sgas find it very easy to fall into a life of crime as a result of being so well trained to dodge authority? Or is it just me, born with a criminal mentality.

For a few months a couple of years ago I started an illegal 'empire' in which I was making hundreds of dollars a day. I had to make a conscience effort to stick to legitimate work

All individuals associated with me thought my parents were in the mob or something because of how I played the game. I told them I wasn't sure but my parents might have bombed an animal testing facility and we spent 14 years living as fugitives.

I find myself looking behind me all the time, I can pull a scam or a con out of my ass and lie to cops (sometimes unnecessarily) like it's second nature.

Porceleindoll

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 03:59 pm
Porceleindoll
I don't know, it might just be you and not how you were raised. Although I do have a few things I have no true guilt about doing illegally, such as...well, anyway, maybe it's just you.

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » another phrase for the glossary
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:40:57