To editors and regarding posting pictures of the Memorial

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » To editors and regarding posting pictures of the Memorial

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 01:31 pm
To editors and regarding posting pictures of the Memorial
First, to Thor(you know who you are)

Hey, how did you know I played that song at the memorial? Did you show up without even saying hi?

Anyways, Yes I think it would be great to post the lyircs of the song. I am going to send you copies of the Poem "Dark Angel" that Davida wrote for Ricky's as well as Don's opening eulogy he read in the begining. It was a beautiful Memorial. We tried our best to send him off like the prince he was in our hearts.

Note to editors: You need to make sure to get permission from anyone whos pictures you post close ups of. I will ask Davida if it's ok to post hers as well as Amy as I'm not sure she wanted hers posted. I don't mind hvaing mine posted as long as I can see which ones you are posting before hand. If you aren't sure please email me the pictures and I can get intouch of those in them as I have email address for every one that attended. I want to make sure we respect thier privacy as I promiced. For example I'm not sure Sam Ajamian wants his close up on there either and I posted the picture policy for the event on the MO site so please try and follow it as well. Thanks you are all doing a wonderful job.

Sarafina

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 04:10 pm
Sarafina,

No. I wasn't at the Memorial (nor in San Diego). I had some things to take care of and they prevented me from going anywhere. I am sorry to have missed the event. I heard it was great.

Feel free to email me anything and I will put it up.

Also, I very much agree that we need to get permission from each and every person before we post pictures of them (from the Memorial, I mean).

Acheick

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:26 am
pictures
I don't know if you have any pics of me, but if so, you have my permission to post them. I know I saw one picture but it was crappy so I think they deleted it.

Sarafiina - it was great to meet you, you are just as I thought you would be. And it was great to meet cultinavator, finally!!! I was also thrilled to finally meet Jules and apologize for my many times of being offensive and "confrontational" - my bad. She is a great lady with tons of grace and poise. So unlike me. :wink:

I have so much to write about the event and I will soon. I must go to work now.

Sam Ajemian

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 01:28 pm
Pictures
Hi Sarafina. It is OK to post my picture. I just wanted to say that the memorial was very professional, very well organized. You all did a great job. Thank you for all the hard work.

Sarafina

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 03:37 pm
Thanks Sam
Thank you for coming Sam, it was so good to see you again. We did our best to send our dear friend off like a prince. We couldn't bring him back but I will do what I can to make sure the world does not forget.

Thanks again for having us over, Aza is wonderful. I see why you snached her up for your wife Wink I'm glad you don't mind your picture being posted, it's actualy a very good picture of you. You look sharp.

I just wanted to make sure permission was being asked as some that went certainly dind't want their's up. At at least if we are putting ones up they should at least be flattering ones Wink

Thank you for all your help. I will have to have you both out for dinner sometime next time I am out your way. Be well.

Sam Ajemian

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 03:50 pm
Let us know if you come up to Los Angeles. We would love to see you again.

Monger 1

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:44 am
Sara, was the Metallica song dedicated to Ricky by you? If so I'll note that where we now have it posted:

http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Ricky_Rodriguez_Memorial/Eulogies_and_Dedications

Also, if you think the reason behind choosing that song should be noted, lemme know.

Sarafina

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 12:04 pm
Monger wrote:
Sara, was the Metallica song dedicated to Ricky by you? If so I'll note that where we now have it posted:

http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Ricky_Rodriguez_Memorial/Eulogies_and_Dedications

Also, if you think the reason behind choosing that song should be noted, lemme know.

Yes, it was dedicated by me, It was the one song Ricky asked me to promise to play at his memorial should anything happen to him.

Basically we were discussing the music I had played for my brother's memorial and he loved all the songs, he had asked me to make a copy of the CD for him. Then he said "If anything ever happens to me and there is a memorial promise to play this song for me." He also asked John the same thing when they were listening to music in the truck one day and that song came on. Elixcia also said it was one of his favorites.

So I played it for him.

Sarafina

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 12:05 pm
Monger wrote:

Yes, maybe the reason should be noted as well.

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » To editors and regarding posting pictures of the Memorial
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:32:19