Press articles

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » Press articles

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:38 am
Press articles
Someone asked the question about how to organize press articles and whether or not this site should try to post everything that's ever been written about the group.

I would suggest organizing the articles by topic, e.g., child abuse investigations & court cases, murder-suicide, etc. There also may be topic cross-references.

I have been thinking about whether to send you three articles published by a local paper in 1993 that involved the daughter of top leaders. The context of these stories was the Argentina abuse investigations and arrests. In the news stories, she confirms child abuse in TF at that time. Another article in the series reports her efforts to get her siblings out of the custody of Argentine officials and Family representatives. This SG has subsequently died, and her name appears on the deceased list of this website. I could easily get a copy of her death certificate, as there's some question about the cause of her death. However, I wouldn't do this if there's no interest in documenting & publishing her story. She has since been promoted to the Family by her nutcase mother as a Family spirit helper. There are email documents on the Movingon website where this now-deceased SG discusses her abhorrence of TF. There's definitely a story to be told, but I wonder if that's the kind of material you're looking for.

Regardless of what you decide with this particular case, the main suggestion I'm making is that press articles be used to document specific events and the lives of members & former members.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:54 am
My suggestion would be to send it to one of the editors. If we can document all of this in a sensible and organized manner, then I think it could certainly be of use -- especially if we can locate the Family pubs that mention her death and promotion to "spirit helper status".

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » Press articles
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:27:35