3. » yahoo search

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 10:22 pm
yahoo search
if you go to yahoo.com and search for david berg, the 1st site listed is:

http://www.thefamily.org/

however if one searches for karen zerby the 1st site listed is:

http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Karen_Zerby

is there anyway to get the results for berg to be similar as the results for zerby?

m 2

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 02:47 am
Who the hell uses yahoo for searching anyway? Google is the way to go, and the first result there is the wikipedia page, followed by the xfamily.org page.

Cookie 2

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:57 pm
i don't use yahoo, but tons of my friends at work do.

Cookie 2

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:59 pm
uh, but i forgot to add, why should it matter???? If someone is really curious, and looking to find information, no one goes with only the first thing thing listed in some web listing. if i'm looking to find a recipe, i don't go with the first thing i find. i look for a few versions, and pick the one that seems right.

Peter Frouman

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 09:08 pm
Actually, a Yahoo! search for David Berg does not currently show thefamily.org as the first result. The first result is davidberg.com - the site of David Berg & Company, L.P. "one of America's oldest hot dog producers" - which obviously has nothing to do with David Berg the child molester. However, The Family International is so proud of their association with David Berg the child molester that they buy advertising on Yahoo!, Google and other search engines so that their site shows up in the list of sponsored results when someone searches for information about David Berg the child molester. So you may have confused the sponsored results with the actual search results. A Google search for David Berg currently has Wikipedia as the first result and xFamily.org's article about David Berg as the second result. That could change soon but I don't think anyone searching the web for reliable information on this topic will have any trouble finding it as it will likely always be in the first few results.

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 12:05 am
xFamily.org is the first result for "David Berg" using the following Search Engines:
- MSN
- A9

However, as m pointed out, one generally gets the best results using Google. And, as our server statistics show, Google is the primary search engine used by our visitors.

Arssle

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 12:14 pm
it depends on where in the world you are. I live in Brazil and the first result for David berg is the Portuguese Wikipedia followed by the family website and then xfamily.org.

JASONLANIK

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 12:11 am
Sponsored?
TFI has sponsored links on many of the search engines.

Any ideas on how they justify the expense? Advertising with donations. Can this be considered a mis-appropriation of funds? Is it possible to instigate an IRS investigation?

How much does it cost for sponsored links on MSN, Google and Yahoo?

I guess advertising on the internet is regarded as a high priority in TFI.

Evil or Very Mad

-spouse of the teen terror

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » yahoo search
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:14:28