Escape from polygamy

  1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Escape from polygamy

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 10:56 pm
Escape from polygamy
There are a few similarities between her story and ours: Escape from polygamy.
 
tyciol 2
 
Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 07:50 am
I don't think polygamy is inherantly immoral... if you watch the show 'Big Love' on HBO it shows some good and bad examples of it.

Personally I'd rather it be done for reasons besides 'god's covenant' and 'putting jealousy aside for a higher purpose' and stuff like that.

Ideally, polygamy could occur with a woman and multiple men in addition to the standard form of one man and multiple women. Or maybe if you were bi or something you could have multiples of both genders. Just all live in some huge house.
 
winter 1
 
Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 09:30 am
tyciol wrote:
I don't think polygamy is inherantly immoral... if you watch the show 'Big Love' on HBO it shows some good and bad examples of it.

Personally I'd rather it be done for reasons besides 'god's covenant' and 'putting jealousy aside for a higher purpose' and stuff like that.

Ideally, polygamy could occur with a woman and multiple men in addition to the standard form of one man and multiple women. Or maybe if you were bi or something you could have multiples of both genders. Just all live in some huge house.


I once read that an orgasm has the equivalent affect of a direct shot of heroin.

Ideally, we could smoke weed all day and live like the chimps. However, I, and I speak for myself here, am a human. I think I have something to do. So I'll run along then...

...Oh, I just read the article. Are Mormonism and TFI related? Weird... Spooky...
 
tyciol 2
 
Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 08:21 am
The only connection I can see is that some members of both practise polygamy. But hey, I'm sure if you look in any religion there's bound to be some polygamists among them so I'm not sure it's entirely the best link to draw.

Or do you mean TFI and LDS are affiliated? Never heard of that in the slightest. They seem pretty discrete to me.

Anyway, having never tried heroin, I wouldn't know about such comparisons. I don't really have any desire to smoke pot or live like a chimp either. Humans live better than chimps after all.

I have to admit, Bonobos who are one form of chimp live very peacably though, there are certain traits that would be interesting to try to emulate, though certainly not at the expense of our science and culture.
 
Thorwald 1
 
Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 07:26 pm
tyciol wrote:
Or do you mean TFI and LDS are affiliated? Never heard of that in the slightest. They seem pretty discrete to me.


Dude. Who are you? Of course TFI and LDS are not affiliated. Everyone who was ever a member knows this. You obviously are/were never a member.
 
winter 1
 
Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:02 am
tyciol wrote:

Anyway, having never tried heroin, I wouldn't know about such comparisons. I don't really have any desire to smoke pot or live like a chimp either. Humans live better than chimps after all.


tyciol wrote:

Ideally, polygamy could occur with a woman and multiple men in addition to the standard form of one man and multiple women. Or maybe if you were bi or something you could have multiples of both genders. Just all live in some huge house.


I dunno... Kinda sounds like chimps to me. Wink

If you can't see the similarities between intoxicants and sex, then I really don't have anything else to say to you.
 
tyciol 2
 
Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 02:21 am
Re:
Thorwald wrote:
tyciol wrote:
Or do you mean TFI and LDS are affiliated? Never heard of that in the slightest. They seem pretty discrete to me.
Dude. Who are you? Of course TFI and LDS are not affiliated. Everyone who was ever a member knows this. You obviously are/were never a member.
I never implied they were affiliated, I implied the opposite, and was confused at my interpretation of a Winter's statement I thought might be claiming it, where he asked if Mormonism and TFI were related. Did I misinterpret that? A relation is simply an affiliation which is not overt, perhaps I bumbled the semantics but that's it. So you can't draw upon that as ammunition to call me ignorant of the organization. Nor would ignorance of the organization imply someone were not a member (it is likely many members do not know of the inner workings). That aside I've never claimed to be a former member, and I will tell you: I'm not. I'm just someone who is interested in the truth of what has happened and want to clarify the information I have studied in the wiki about this organization. Is that a problem? It says 'a forum about X' not 'a forum only for ex-X-members'.

winter wrote:
tyciol wrote:
Anyway, having never tried heroin, I wouldn't know about such comparisons. I don't really have any desire to smoke pot or live like a chimp either. Humans live better than chimps after all.
tyciol wrote:
Ideally, polygamy could occur with a woman and multiple men in addition to the standard form of one man and multiple women. Or maybe if you were bi or something you could have multiples of both genders. Just all live in some huge house.
I dunno... Kinda sounds like chimps to me. Wink If you can't see the similarities between intoxicants and sex, then I really don't have anything else to say to you.
I can see the similarities. I am simply unable to compare sex or heroin, having experienced neither. I would expect different people would have differences in their biological reactions to the experience and the drug, depending on their physiologies and the 'grade/purity' of both of them as well. You said a study called orgasms and heroin equivilent. I was questioning whether or not they would be equivilent, meaning equal. Questioning equality is not identical to denying similarity.
 
 

 
  1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Escape from polygamy
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 03/28/2020 at 09:29:04