Teenage woman awarded £5,000 for abuse in Family, circa 199

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Teenage woman awarded £5,000 for abuse in Family, circa 199

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:19 am
Teenage woman awarded £5,000 for abuse in Family, circa 199
ReligiousTolerance.org's Persecutions of The Family page (which quotes a significant portion from xFamily's article on David Berg) notes the following:

Circa 1997: The Observer newspaper reports that a teenage woman was recently "awarded £5,000 by the British Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, having been abused by members of the sect from the age of three."

Does anyone have any further information about this, or have access to a copy of the Observer article in question?

Peter Frouman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 06:28 pm
Re: Teenage woman awarded £5,000 for abuse in Family, circa
Monger wrote:

Does anyone have any further information about this, or have access to a copy of the Observer article in question?

The London Times had a short article about it after the opinion of Lord Justice Ward was released. The Evening Standard also reported that the award by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board was in September 1994. It is also briefly mentioned in some other press reports.

Eva St John

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:27 pm
I have a vague memory of this, although I don't remember if I would have a copy of the article in my archives in storage. I think it was one of Simon Peter's daughters. I remember having a couple of long distance phone conversations with Simon Peter's ex wife in Britain - who was out of TF - sometime in the mid nineties. I'm pretty sure it was her daughter that got this payout. Ed Priebe or Sam Ajemian may remember or know more about this.

evanman

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 03:25 am
You are correct. I have contact with them.

thankfully ALL the kids are now out and some are involved in setting up a UK branch of Safe Passage Foundation.

I shall contact them about this thread.

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Teenage woman awarded £5,000 for abuse in Family, circa 199
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:05:21