2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Family Care Foundation Funders II

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 06:14 pm
Family Care Foundation Funders II
I recently came across a 2002 Family Care Foundation grant proposal draft
which states that:

Quote:

Among past and current donors are: James S. Hewlett, the Chase Manhattan Foundation, the Wal-Mart Foundation, the Northern Star Foundation, Gene and Florence Monday Foundation, the Waitt Family Foundation, Flora Family Foundation, the Otto Family Foundation, Cargill Enterprises, Laird-Norton Trust, and a large host of other corporate and individual donor-partners.

The Hewletts, the Flora Family Foundation, the Northern Star Foundation, the Waitt Family Foundation and the Wardle Family Foundation have been previously identified as FCF funders. There was also an article by Don Lattin about the Flora Family Foundation's grants to FCF and how FCF failed to disclose that it was part of The Family.

Interestingly enough, there is some information about the Laird Norton Trust Company on pages 66-67 of Rudi's dissenting opinion in the Cavazza case in Argentina.

The relevant section of the opinion quotes a police intelligence report about The Family's financial backers and notes that one of them is Family member Douglas Andrew Mickle whom it describes as a partner at the Laird Norton Trust Company. If Mickle is the same person I think he is, he began giving Stuart Baylin and The Family large cash contributions in 1986 after he was FFed into the Family by Soledad/Joanna (spouse of Jose Luis Passini). He later moved to Uruguay and lived in a Family home run by Michael Poe (who has an FCF funded project in Chile). I am not 100% certain that this Mickle is the same Andrew I am thinking of, but it is quite likely. In any case, I think it is more than an interesting coincidence that a Laird Norton Trust partner was financially supporting the Family and WS starting in 1986 and then a few years later, the Laird Norton Trust made grants to FCF.

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Family Care Foundation Funders II
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:44:24