Current Family public statements on sexuality

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Current Family public statements on sexuality

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 02:34 pm
Current Family public statements on sexuality
Are there any public statements on radio or TV where Family representatives acknowledge sex with multiple partners for adults? I have run across some nice people here in Spain that claim that they have never seen any of the sexual "lies" on this website and others.

I am not looking for a public acknowledgement of child abuse being endorsed, just that sex is a gift for all adults regardless of marriage status, something like that.

With a statement like that, I could show to our friends that The Family is not Christian.

(It should be comment made in the last 6 years.)

Monger 1

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:30 pm
The following statements on the official Family website are just a few of many such examples:

- The "Loving Jesus" Revelation
- Beliefs and Conduct Regarding Relationships and Sexuality
- God's Law of Love

While those should provide material that satisfies what you're looking for, note that the official public statements are far from forthright. As just one example, compare how the "Loving Jesus" statement claims that "eroticism with Jesus is strictly an adult only affair" to the material on xFamily, here: xFamily.org: Loving Jesus. Try asking a Family member if they deny the internal publications available there are real.

eichelman

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 04:11 am
Its now obvious
Thanks much for the pointers, I had not seen them on their website, buried among all the other stuff. I have taken the liberty to quote a little here.

“Our communities do not prohibit sexual relations between a married person and someone other than his or her spouse, as long as all parties involved are in agreement.”

“The Family's Charter permits 16- and 17-year-old members to engage in sexual interaction, if they so desire, but only with consenting partners ages 16 through 20.”

“Scripture does not forbid female-with-female sexual affection, nor do we. However, strictly lesbian relationships are not permitted in our communities”

So it is clear to me they advocate sexual immorality. To me, as I call myself a Christian, I should not even eat with them! (1 Cor 5)

Thanks again,

Jack 2

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:33 pm
Re: Its now obvious
eichelman wrote:
To me, as I call myself a Christian, I should not even eat with them! (1 Cor 5)

Indeed. Please find a pedestal to proudly stand on now.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Current Family public statements on sexuality
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:30:38