Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 01:00 pm
Merry Christmas from Karen Zerby and Steve Kelly
A video by Zerby and Kelly: Merry Christmas from Karen Zerby and Steve Kelly

Perry 1

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 02:39 pm
This Is What Wolves In Sheep's Clothing Look Like
Here is my take on that video from the cult leaders:

This Is What Wolves In Sheep's Clothing Look Like

http://www.perrybulwer.com/chain-the-dogma/2009/12/8/this-is-what-wolves-in-sheeps-clothing-look-like.html

Piram

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 05:50 am
Re: Merry Christmas from Karen Zerby and Steve Kelly
Awwwwww....may they get the Christmas they deserve. Laughing Or, to put it Biblically, may they reap what they have sown. :wink: 32 years ago, I left this organization. Can't say I have any regrets. Sure am glad my kids didn't have to grow up in it.

Cherub

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 02:32 am
Aren't they a cute couple?

Piram

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 03:02 am
Cherub wrote:
Aren't they a cute couple?

Yeah, I can just imagine them staring fixedly into someone's eyes and saying, "Brother/Sister, would you like a 'blessing'?" (Do you know anybody in TF who ever dared say "No" to that question? )

GodIsInTheHouse

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 12:36 pm
Gotta love Kelly making his best sincere face Laughing

Arssle

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 01:32 pm
GodIsInTheHouse wrote:

Although, could it be that he is so batshit insane that he actually believes he is being sincere? And does believing you are sincere make you sincere? They bought their own lie I think.

Piram

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 03:28 pm
Arssle wrote:
GodIsInTheHouse wrote:

Although, could it be that he is so batshit insane that he actually believes he is being sincere? And does believing you are sincere make you sincere? They bought their own lie I think.

When one makes sure there is nobody around who will seriously question or challenge what one declares to be the sole, unquestionable truth (it is extremely important to either get rid of or neutralize such "questioners" in establishing an authoritarian hierarchy), it makes it easier for any lingering residual doctrine-questioning thoughts to be deleted from thought and replaced with that purported "truth" in the form of those "mantras" many of us became all too familiar with. "...your doubts are a stain upon your soul, brother"..."...did you pray before you said that, sister?" "I didn't ask for this job, God put me here to lead you, I'm just His humble servant", etc. etc. In TF I knew, critical thinking was taboo, otherwise, why were told time and again: "When you think, think, think, you sink, sink, sink"? No, of course, not, don't think. That's for God's "divinely-appointed" leaders. If you, in your spiritual immaturity, decide to think, you're bound to be led by Satan - you see? So leave the driving to the leaders - they do it all for you, silly doubter.

However, as is often the case with authoritarian regimes, once enough time has passed for a lot of the less subtly authoritarian behavior to be forgotten by many, it is conveniently dismissed as "a few bad apples who, thank the Lord, are now out of the way, and those of us who are true followers can now get on with His work" -- what is more, historically, this technique has proved to be very effective. The further these annoying, uncomfortable things get put in the past, the more the continuity of the regime is favored - or as some self-proclaimed "divine leaders" might prefer to say, "blessed".
Authoritarians work hard at covering their backsides. Some are quite successful at it, and reap handsome economic benefits.

GodIsInTheHouse

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 04:29 pm
Arssle wrote:
GodIsInTheHouse wrote:

You make a good point Arssle. I genuinely believe that TF leaders do believe what they preach, which I suppose would make them 'sincere'. It reminds me of a quote from Sir Ken Macdonald about Tony Blair's belief in the Iraqi war;"Self belief is no excuse for misjudgment".
Having said that it is safe to assume they are misleading in lot of what they say to back up their policies. For example every time there is a controversy such as the art plagiarism thing, they manage to interview Jesus and get his (always favourable) take on the matter.

irritant

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 03:52 pm
Here's the cult's dumb christmas message revisited.
I have to say I prefer this one to the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5V2jYA-nE8

youtube took it down so here's another link:

http://vimeo.com/10621110

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » Merry Christmas from Karen Zerby and Steve Kelly
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:40:09