Video help page

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » Video help page

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 12:25 pm
Video help page
Due to several recent questions and reports of problems viewing some of the videos in the Video Archives, I started a video help article. It definitely needs some work and I welcome any suggestions to for improvement and how to make it make it easier to for the average reader to understand.

CFERGUSON

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 11:58 am
Re: Video help page
I NEED HELP ACCESSING SOME OF THE VIDEOS LABELED "INTERNAL" EVEN THOUGH I'M A MEMBER I STILL CAN'T VIEW A LOT OF THE OLD STUFF. I REALLY WANT TO SEE WHERE IT ALL STARTED FROM AND SEE HOW IT EVOLVED.

Peter Frouman

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 01:28 pm
Re: Video help page
It will probably be easier to help you figure out the solution if you let us know what specific problems you are having accessing those videos.

The Family videos category also has quite a few videos that aren't yet listed in the table of contents but can be viewed by clicking on the links in the "Articles in category Family Videos" section. These are all Flash videos (with links to download the avi files) which are often easier to view as long as you have Flash installed and enabled (the default for most web browsers). One of these days, when I have the time, I plan to update the table of contents and create articles for the Flash video (most of the conversion has already been done) for the other ones.

In the meantime, you can find flash videos at the following links:
http://media2.xfamily.org/video/fam/flash/flvplayer.php
http://media2.xfamily.org/video/fam/internal/flash/flvplayer.php

As mentioned in the help page, the VLC media player is what I recommend. As long as you have it installed, you should be to use it to play about 99% of the video and audio files in our archive (including all the "internal" Family videos). For the rest, you might need the following: Real Player, Windows Media Player and Quicktime.

CFERGUSON wrote:
I NEED HELP ACCESSING SOME OF THE VIDEOS LABELED "INTERNAL" EVEN THOUGH I'M A MEMBER I STILL CAN'T VIEW A LOT OF THE OLD STUFF. I REALLY WANT TO SEE WHERE IT ALL STARTED FROM AND SEE HOW IT EVOLVED.

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » Video help page
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:14:54