Who drew the comics?

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » Who drew the comics?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 02:19 pm
Who drew the comics?
Hi, I'm new to the whole subject matter.
I'm curious about those comics which were used by the Family and would like to learn more about them.
First of, who drew them? Was it David Berg himself? -- (I noted that at least one of them is signed "Philippe la Plume" = "Philip the Pen".)
When did the usage of comics start? Were they used equally for recruitment and communication with Family members? Does the Family still use comics?
Thanks.

Thorwald 1

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 03:01 pm
Re: Who drew the comics?
As far as I know, David Berg never drew anything. He was, however, very involved with telling the artists what and how to draw. The cult had (and still has) many artists that contributed towards their publications. In the early days (1970s), they used them primarily for covers of Berg's articles. Around that time, Berg wanted all of his writings illustrated. At first, the primary audience was adults, but later they started producing them for children (see: True Komix).

Here is a list of cult artist (past and present): Artists

Anonymous

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:08 pm
PS: the only comparable religious comics (or "graphic novels") I can think of are the infamous Chick Tracts.

Thorwald 1

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:43 pm
Sweetchuck wrote:
the infamous Chick Tracts.

LOL! The creators of these are nuts! To see what I mean, check this one out:
http://ericsonhome.net/loyd/images/chick.JPG

Anonymous

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 03:52 am
Thorwald wrote:
As far as I know, David Berg never drew anything. He was, however, very involved with telling the artists what and how to draw. The cult had (and still has) many artists that contributed towards their publications. In the early days (1970s), they used them primarily for covers of Berg's articles. Around that time, Berg wanted all of his writings illustrated. At first, the primary audience was adults, but later they started producing them for children (see: True Komix).

Here is a list of cult artist (past and present): Artists

Thanks, Thorwald, that's very interesting.

Sweetchuck

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:07 am
By the way, here's some current artwork from the Family.
http://www.diefamilie.com/picallery/index.html

Cookie 2

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 04:22 pm
oh well, there was a book, and i don't remember exactly when it was burned, i think it was some kind of log book (for FFing, BMs, etc), and also one other book where berg was quite involved in the drawings. he sketched out most of the posters of the ffing era in some way and then artists took it from there. but yes, there was a period when he did a lot of sketching that made it into some racy pubs that were eventually burned (the books in their entirety). anyone else remember these? i think the log one was a hard back.

Cookie 2

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 04:23 pm
but as far as what was sold to the GP, no, he never did the final art. Smile

Sweetchuck

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 04:54 pm
It's interesting that Berg had more than a passing interest in the illustrations. Thanks for the insight, Cookie.
Mr. Green

m 2

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 06:11 am
I can't recall where from, but I remember from long ago that somewhere Berg was talking to Eman Artist about Heaven's Girl's breasts, and was criticising Eman's drawing and saying that he wanted the breasts a bit more perky and I think something about the nipples as well. He was talking about the angles that young girls' breasts are usually at, stuff like that. Rolling Eyes

Sweetchuck

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 05:11 pm
Do you mean here?
http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Image:She_Can_Gang_Bang-m_ML2044.pdf
He starts off kind of discussing her legs and knockers, and then really warms to the subject of gang-rape.

Arssle

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 03:37 pm
looks like DevianTart art.

Sweetchuck

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 06:12 am
Only less lurid.
Wink

1. xFamily
  2. » Multimedia
  3. » Who drew the comics?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 02:18:37